with 100% feedback...REMOVED has not paid for a single item of her 7 ' buys

l along with 6 other sellers have had the misfortune of selling to REMOVED who has never paid for an item. Her feedback is 100% which is misleading when selling as she should be banned from ebay... if you would please read the comments from past sellers there has never been communication with anyone. I regard my feedback as a guarantee of good service..... l had one negative which was not warranteed as l always use the gift of 12 photos....which tell the quality of a garment...but l had to reduce my feedback regardless of my own thoughts on the matter.... it's a grey area.... please ban this buyer... regards   angelab2773 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

@pnc75 wrote:

Unless perhaps they do go throught the process and leve the feedback just before they close the case. Anyway, it's good that they do to give us the heads up even if it is against the rules.

So breaking the rules is ok ?

How will that give anyone the heads up ?

Read the post by davewill............as always 100% correct.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

@kangaroochi wrote:

Is it possible that we all could leave what one member said they saw for feedback for someone like this?

"Positive experience, I learnt that the buyer never pays"

Do you think  this would be considered incorrect by ebay?

Of course it is incorrect....it is a false positive.

UPI & Blocks the only way to deal with non payers.

Amazing the number of users who want to flout eBay policies & then complain when things don't go their way.

Again listen to the voice of reason..........davewill.............you know it makes sense(Apologies to Sam Kekovich).

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

Buyers can only have 100% feedback so open an item not received case and then block the buyer

Hello crow.

Help me out here .

Why & how would a seller do that ?

To block an individual go here and then follow the links;

help - blocking individuals

To set up exclusions for non paying buyers go here and follow the links:

help - buyer equirements

It is etremely important to go through the unpaid item dispute process for 2 reasons:

1. It often wakes the buyer up and they will pay.

(but make sure you have already corresponded with them first or they will get shirty)

2. If they still don't pay they will receive an unpaid item strike which is used by most sellers to exclude deadbeats.

(refer to the buyer requirements page above)

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

Buyers can only have 100% feedback so open an item not received case and then block the buyer

Hello crow.

Help me out here .

Why & how would a seller do that ?

You missed that bit, methinks, Dazzle

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

I should add to the above:

Although Dave has a good point, waiting to give feedabck is both time consuming and not always effective.

Many deadbeat buyers simply change ID's when they have burnt the one they are using.

Many buyers arealso newbies who have little or no feedback.

Setting up buyer blocks is the only long term, systematic approach which ebay has provided us.

I have a simple system that anyone could use in the event of perceived non-payment:

1. a couple of days (+2) after sale send an invoice.

2. a couple of days (+4) after that send an email reminder (payment has not been received).

3. after 7 days (+7) have passed send a final email warning that you will have to open a UPI 24hrs later.

(politely explain why this is necessary).

By the time everything has run its course you will have taken 2 weeks to get your FVFs back and your item relisted but ...

You will only have spent a couple of minutes on the task and the buyer will have a permanent UPI strike.

If we all did this and had the blocks in place it would go a very long way towards weeding out or re-educating delinquent bidders.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

You missed that bit, methinks, Dazzle

LOL thanks Ima:

UPI case as follows:

1. Automatic using unpaid item assistant (follow the links):

Automatic

2. Manual ( a bit more efforts but not much and IMO preferable):

Depending on which sold items view you have available (SMP or not) you will have the the option available in the "Actions" dropdown menu for the listing in question after about 4 days.

(I'm unsure about exactly when because I never start one for at least 8 days).

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

Although Dave has a good point, waiting to give feedabck is both time consuming and not always effective.

Many deadbeat buyers simply change ID's when they have burnt the one they are using.

Setting up buyer blocks is the only long term, systematic approach which ebay has provided us.

I have a simple system that anyone could use in the event of perceived non-payment:

2. a couple of days (+4) after that send an email reminder (payment has not been received).

3. after 7 days (+7) have passed send a final email warning that you will have to open a UPI 24hrs later.

By the time everything has run its course you will have taken 2 weeks to get your FVFs back and your item relisted but ...

You will only have spent a couple of minutes on the task and the buyer will have a permanent UPI strike.

If we all did this and had the blocks in place it would go a very long way towards weeding out or re-educating delinquent bidders.

Gee, by the time you're opening an UPI, mine is one day from closing.

1. Yes, 2 days, send invoice with a polite message

2. 4 days, open UPI. Communication has already taken place in the form of the invoice. By this stage, they have chosen to ignore 2 automated eBay messages, plus an invoice from me. I have lost the ability to be polite by this stage.

3. Day 8, close case and give buyer a well deserved strike. Why would I still be polite at this stage when they have chosen to ignore messages and gin me around?

Why would I give them 2 weeks to pay when it's obvious by the end of the first week they have no intentions of doing so? I don't leave false positives, but I'll happily slap them into next week.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@dazzledayz wrote:

Gee, by the time you're opening an UPI, mine is one day from closing.

1. Yes, 2 days, send invoice with a polite message

2. 4 days, open UPI. Communication has already taken place in the form of the invoice. By this stage, they have chosen to ignore 2 automated eBay messages, plus an invoice from me. I have lost the ability to be polite by this stage.

3. Day 8, close case and give buyer a well deserved strike. Why would I still be polite at this stage when they have chosen to ignore messages and gin me around?

Why would I give them 2 weeks to pay when it's obvious by the end of the first week they have no intentions of doing so? I don't leave false positives, but I'll happily slap them into next week.

The reasons I give it that amount of time are several but in the main:

1. Some buyers will buy without the funds to pay so a "payday" needs to be included in the calculation.

2. Occasionally a buyer will have an unexpected emergency that can distract them.

3. They could just be incommunicado for a while due to data limits.

The way I see it is that it doesn't take up much of my time and the cost is only 5c so no real biggie.

Going slowly also reduces buyer snottiness I've found.

I had one a while back who got a bit offended as she was a newbie who wasn't used to ebays strange ways with email.

When I directed her to the communications she converted instantly and I got glowing feedback.

Good customer service is important but good customer relations are too.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

If the buyer doesn't have the funds to pay, they shouldn't be buying. If they really want it but have to wait until pay day to pay for it, SEND A MESSAGE. It's not that hard. I've had a few buyers contact me and ask if it's OK to wait a few days to pay for whatever the reason. Sure, no problems.

I don't care whether non payers get snotty or not. If I close a dispute, they can't leave feedback. If they decide to pay then trash my feedback due to opening a dispute, eBay will remove it. I refuse to back down to buyers snotty moods.

Your point number 2, I've had that happen. The wife of the buyer contacted me to say her husband had been taken to hospital, was I happy to wait for the payment, or cancel. I said I was happy to wait as it wasn't an issue that was going to keep him there for any extended time. He sent a lovely message a week later when he paid. He has since become a regular buyer. Again, it's not hard to send a quick message.

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

**bleep** I mean't open an unpaid dispute LOL

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply