Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

I haven't heard of mobile library vans for years. Then I do live in the city but I remember our local library had one when I was little. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 501 of 1,392
Latest reply

Last time I looked there was a library in Foster.
Think it's been there ever since I've had the B&M in Wonthaggi (5 1/2 yr)
They usually fill the vans up from the library and head on over Wed. night.
Oh well, you'll just have to wait til Morwell's Library sale now.
Message 502 of 1,392
Latest reply

you know I had a mental picture of me in the Foster library using the internet when we went to Sandy Point in Jan 2009 so am glad to hear I really was there Rama
Message 503 of 1,392
Latest reply

cherishbooks
Community Member
I haven't heard of mobile library vans for years. Then I do live in the city but I remember our local library had one when I was little. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mon

Hi Mon
There's a mobile library van that comes out here every Sat morning and every Second Thursday morning but finally we will be getting our own library soon.
Message 504 of 1,392
Latest reply

Speaking of Mobile Libraries, I recommend Ian Sanson's series the Mobile Library, book 1 is 'The Case of the Missing Books'.

C
Photobucket
Message 505 of 1,392
Latest reply

Okies. There is the little library area in the building that they share with Parks. That is open 2 1/2 days a week.
But not what l call a 'real' library. It's more order through what you want and they will share with another library to get it for you.
The mobile library is a thumper. Settles itself on site and then expands. Very modern!
Message 506 of 1,392
Latest reply

They say our library is the worst for a town the size of Wonthaggi is.
It's in a pokey ol' PO and has no vroom for virtually anything.
They keep talking about building a new library, but that's all they ever seem to do - talk.
Message 507 of 1,392
Latest reply

I like Wonthaggi library we joined when we went to Cape Paterson regularly

it has character

not that I go to libraries much these days a bit redundant
Message 508 of 1,392
Latest reply

The Eastern Library Service has a mobile service this side of Melbourne, I have seen it parked in the carpark ouside Vinnies in Bayswater on Fridays, and I think one also operates out of the Box Hill Library as well.

Barrie
Message 509 of 1,392
Latest reply

We also have access to the Eastern Regional Library mobile, ours I think, is the Ranges truck, comes to Powelltown every 2nd Tuesday, does all over the Yarra Valley. Very handy, especially now that we have mobile service, the librarian can actually access our accounts - finally in the 21st century!
Message 510 of 1,392
Latest reply