Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Lifeline Northern Beaches Giant Book Fair at Warriewood

Venue: Ted Blackwood Hall

Cnr Jacksons & Boondah Roads, Warriewood

Dates/Times: Fri 25th February 5pm -- 9pm
Sat 26th February 9am -- 5pm
Sun 27th February 9am -- 3pm

Please note we accept Visa, Mastercard and EFTPOS. Entry by gold coin donation very much appreciated

All funds raised support Lifeline Northern Beaches important work in the local community

Does anyone know if the prices reduce towards the end of the final day?
Message 681 of 1,392
Latest reply

Church fete
North Road, Ormond

5th March but I don't remember the times. It's taken me three weeks to remember to tell you lot.
Message 682 of 1,392
Latest reply

Sorry for the late notice Rama, but just found out about this.
For Gippsland, Vic bookies.

Annual Friends of Latrobe City Library Book Sale
When 9.00 am 19 Feb 2011 to 3.00 pm.
Where Kernot Hall Morwell

Sale of Books, CD's,Videos and Magazines surplus stock from Latrobe City Library Service and donations from the public to be held at Kernot Hall. Individual items are $1 and bags of your choice from $10 to $15 depending on size of the bag.

Interesting that it says annual now. They usually have at least 2 & sometimes 3 sales. Wonder if it really will be annual now. Bummer if it is.

Thanks Carmel, I was held up with ex BS.
Sounds like I didn't miss much.
Were you there at the drop of the doors opening?
I can't remember you being there at the end of year one last year.
I filled up 18 green bags at that one.
Sometimes I do better at the Traralgon and Morwell garage sales before I even get to the book sale, lol.
Message 683 of 1,392
Latest reply

I was there last year Rama. The opening was delayed that time cos some tool in the council office forgot to give the hall key to the volunteers. This time the doors opened right on 9am.

I've found out why it was leaner pickings this time. The person who was library manager resigned late last year & bought the T'gon book exchange. I hope you don't mind, I gave your name & shop name as someone to get in touch with for advice if needed. That person used to cull a lot more books than previous managers & now it looks like the library has gone back to it's old ways. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 684 of 1,392
Latest reply

I went to my first book sale the other day. It was amazing. I found so many books that I had been looking for, including a book I had just lost at auction a few days earlier.
Message 685 of 1,392
Latest reply

I went to a book sale yesterday at Wahroonga - there were more book dealers there than joe public - did I see anyone who posts on this board?
Message 686 of 1,392
Latest reply

I went to a book sale yesterday at Wahroonga - there were more book dealers there than joe public - did I see anyone who posts on this board?

How could you tell when someone was a dealer?
Message 687 of 1,392
Latest reply

How could you tell when someone was a dealer?

:-D They're the ones who scan a table full of books, or pick out books by title or author (joe publics tend to actually take the time to read the blurb of the book prior to adding it to their selection). And they're the ones who have huge stacks of books, either in their arms or being minded over by the wall. And they're the ones with no manners, who push other people out of the way, and don't have a lot of respect for personal space. There's always something a tiny bit (or in some cases a lot) frantic about the way dealers approach a stack of books. Time pressures, and the perception that they might be missing out on a treasure if they don't look at everything really fast.
Message 688 of 1,392
Latest reply

And they're the ones with no manners, who push other people out of the way, and don't have a lot of respect for personal space.

Haha, that's a bit harsh - some of us have manners :-x As for the rest, spot on lol

Is anyone going to own up? There was a lady with chestnut hair, turned up about half an hour late, a couple with a baby, an old guy who was being followed around by another old guy who couldn't stop talking. And me :^O
Message 689 of 1,392
Latest reply

Haha, that's a bit harsh - some of us have manners

Oh, heck, I'm sorry about that - I did mean to write a disclaimer, but my fingers were moving faster than my brain and I forgot to add that not ALL dealers lack manners, but they're the ones you really notice.
Message 690 of 1,392
Latest reply