Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Aha - were you the lady with the Sara Douglass in one of her bags. I hope I was polite. I am allowed to be late cos I live at Rouse Hill and that is a fair drive. :^O

Yes that was me - I should have picked up all the fantasy stuff on my first pass, but for some reason (too early probably) my eyes glazed over and I just left it there ๐Ÿ˜ž Rouse Hill is a way, but I'd say it was worth the drive - although it was certainly not the best sale I've been to there. And yes, you were very polite - you even offered to let me pay before you lol Did you go to Warriewood? I didn't have time - my whole weekend was packed out and I was lucky to get to Wahroonga.
Message 701 of 1,392
Latest reply

Yes that was me - I should have picked up all the fantasy stuff on my first pass, but for some reason (too early probably) my eyes glazed over and I just left it there ๐Ÿ˜ž Rouse Hill is a way, but I'd say it was worth the drive - although it was certainly not the best sale I've been to there. And yes, you were very polite - you even offered to let me pay before you lol Did you go to Warriewood? I didn't have time - my whole weekend was packed out and I was lucky to get to Wahroonga.

Phew - pleased that I passed the 'polite' muster! Spent $301 in Warriewood on Friday. Cheap for hardbacks but expensive for paperbacks I felt. - Next time our paths cross, you must make yourself known to me.
Message 702 of 1,392
Latest reply

Any Sydney people interested?? jib225oz maybe? http://bookdealersguildnsw.com.au/guest-speaker-discusses-world-book-market-software/#more-295
Message 703 of 1,392
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
Morning Sandgropers (and others B-))

Ross's Auctions have their Australia Post Unclaimed Goods Auction coming up 09:30am Saturday, 28th May 2011. Oops, I thought that was March, not May.

May need to stick it in your calendars ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 704 of 1,392
Latest reply

Any Sydney people interested?? jib225oz maybe? http://bookdealersguildnsw.com.au/guest-speaker-discusses-world-book-market-software/#more-295

Thank you! Having met Mr Pickwick, I think it might be safer to suggest the only expense would be dinner and breakfast :^O

I'm happy enough with HB2.3 at the moment, but might try WBM when I have the time to leave listing for a week - I need to be able to devote a large chunk of time to something like that, so that I can play enough to cover everything.

I'd really like to give the Guild meetings a try, but we manage with just the one car, and I'm the chauffeur service for the station run, so it's tricky ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 705 of 1,392
Latest reply

I need a booksale, havent been to one in ages.

but not this weekend, moneys a tad tight here LOL

next weekend would be good
Message 706 of 1,392
Latest reply

Lifeline Canberra Bookfair, Mar 25-27 at EPIC.

Any good to you frootz?:^O
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 707 of 1,392
Latest reply

Here you go, froot

CHAPTER TWOโ€™S NEXT MASSIVE SECOND-HAND BOOK SALE at Norwood Town Hall

Saturday 12 March from 9am to 5pm
Sunday 13 March from 9am to 5pm
Monday 14 March from 9am to 4pm Note earlier close time
Norwood Town Hall, 175 The Parade (enter off George St)

Our regular Norwood sale is on again! Weโ€™ll be teaming with Adelaide book veteran Michael Treloar, so expect a whole range of interesting booky treasures! With everything from paperback novels starting at $1 through to collectible gems priced to go, there is something for everybody and his/her dog (well, those dogs that can read).

(Chapter Two books is in Stirling and is run by MT's daughter)
Message 708 of 1,392
Latest reply

oooooh might have to head in to check that one out - I have 2 BIL's who live in that area so we could do the family thing AND buy books - bargain :^O
Message 709 of 1,392
Latest reply

thanks you judy

Perfect
Message 710 of 1,392
Latest reply