Category Updates - Massive Problems

I have just spent over an hour on the phone to a lovely lady in US (on the File Exchange team) because the category updates for books have gone to hell in a handcart. She intimated that other categories are also in a complete mess.

Don't try to manually correct migrated listings that are in the wrong category- chances are you won't be able to anyway.

This is just to let everyone know there are problems - surprise lol

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Category Updates - Massive Problems

Thanks for your answer. I hope its a glitch and not a permanent change. I've reported it but am not hopeful that it will be fixed.
Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

It might be a glitch, but my uneducated guess is that they are trying to streamline the listing process and also have interchangeable (matching) categories with international eBay sites. I guess we'll find out over the next few days.

Best of luck with your sales ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

The megasellers always seemed to have their non-fiction books in either the wrong category or not-specified category.  I do have to wonder whether the removal of the subject field is deliberate to cater to the megasellers. 

Maybe someone from ebay can clear this up for us.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

I've got this problem. I try to change the category of some book listings on eBay, but keep getting directed back to the start, and can't complete the process. I rung eBay and asked them to change the categories for me, but the lady on the phone said that their system won't allow them to do it because they are not allowed to. So I asked if she was aware of any other sellers with the same problem, and she said no, but seemed very uncertain. I'll ring back later and see if I get the same answer from someone else.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

I've just spoken to customer support and they seemed to think that all was working as intended, the intention being that "subject" is no longer available as an item specific for fiction and non-fiction.  I passed on my feedback, not that that will do any good....

Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

I rung eBay again, and the phone rep tried to revise one of my listings, and also got stuck at the category selection page. I told him that there is a forum thread about the problem. So he said he will create a report for the technical team to investigate and allow 24 to 48 hours for the problem to be resolved.. Fingers crossed.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

The category problem seems to have been completely fixed(at least for me) as of Friday arvo. I was able to relist(and change categories), as well as change categories of existing listings. Good job eBay. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks for mentioning it . I did the same.. Spend time on the phone to ebay , with these enormous issues with the search engine for non fiction books.. No mentioning on the announcement board .. No information to the sellers ... I wish ebay would get this out to the sellers ... They do not .. I haven't idea why ...
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Did you receive a response from ebay? As the search engine in the non fiction book section is completely "buggered" ..thanks
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks.. Dd you get a response from ebay.? The search engine in still not operating in the non fiction book section... NO SOBJECT SEARCH AVAILABLE ...,,,,! No information from ebay at all
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply