Five and a half million book listings gone? Ebay glitch???

lemmayj
Community Member

Not quite sure how much I'm allowed to say without getting pinged by the mods, but it appears a very large bookseller on ebay Australia is now NARU.... Their listings till show, but when you click on any of them you get told it's been removed.

Their feedback remains excellent so you've got to wonder whether it's a Friday evening glitch (last feedback was 8am this morning), an account hijack or they haven't paid their fees.????

Pretty sure I can't name them but they sell books throughout the world and Australia.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Five and a half million book listings gone? Ebay glitch???

One can only hope. Maybe the exchange rate is biting their $7.00 plus $4.50 postage business model.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I don't think that's the seller I mean. BW.A had all new books with free shipping and are a genuine Australian company with gst included for Australian stock.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

They are showing as "No longer a registered user".

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Indeed, and from their facebook page

Our eBay store is temporarily unavailable while we resolve some small technical issues - and the team are working to get it back up as quickly as we can.

Small technical issues... The mind boggles!  Shows even the big boys can sometimes run foul of ebay bureaucracy. (Though a cynical person might wonder if ebay objects to the fact that "citizens" of their non-ebay store can buy cheaper than the ebay price.)

Doubt we'll ever know what the issue is/was, will be interesting to see how quickly they get reinstated....

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Member is listed as NARU, but when you select see the seller's items a list of 7 million + books are displayed.  When you click on a listing, only computer code is displayed.  I wonder how many other sellers are experiencing this problem.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry. Got the wrong one. They tend to blur after a while. I can only suspect that their items aren't exactly located in Lane Cove and they have been jumped on.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Not them either (though I wish ebay would make that crowd be honest about their listings.)  

These ones are honest about the location of their items, have fb of 99.9% and dsrs of 3 5s and a 4.9, have an Australian telephone number for their big non-ebay website and are a subsidiary of Penguin Australia.

All I can think is that they have got "technical" problems in their accounts department ....  Hopefully they've paid their ebay fees late rather than not being able to pay them at all.

But it does seem strange that the listings are still there, albeit unclickable.  Maybe it is genuinely a technical problem???

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply