Matthew Reilly's Contest - Original edition

Hey guys, first post and everything.

I was just wondering, how much would you be prepared to bid if someone posted a first-edition copy of Contest?
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Oops meant to say $1700 not $1000 🙂
Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

have you still got mathw reilliys contest frist edtion for sale? 

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

daynabec has not posted on the boards since that one in JANUARY, so the chance of getting a response in this thread is minimal. If it's not in their listings, i would hazard a guess 'No', at least on eBay.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me to identify if I have a Self Published (1st Edition) of Contest ?.

It has a Blue cover, is 315 pages & has refernece inside the front pages to Karadon Enterainment in Willoughby.

Thanks for your help in advance - nrhjb

@davewil1964 wrote:
daynabec has not posted on the boards since that one in JANUARY, so the chance of getting a response in this thread is minimal. If it's not in their listings, i would hazard a guess 'No', at least on eBay.

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there, I have a first edition (the limited run) signed with a two-page inscription from matthew reilly in 1996, how much do you think it would be worth? not just a signature, a full inscription
Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

There's first editions and first editions, Mathew did self publish Contest himself. Lovely story, especially the bit when he was on the L90 reading his copy of Contest held up so everyone could see the title. After having his novel 'discovered' in a Sydney bookstore (he persuaded the shop to place Contest in the window) Contest was again a first edion, with a major overhaul and more details and an extra character filled in.

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

There's topical threads and there's replying to 3 year old posts...

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

Yes, I have one of the original 1000. Matthew and his suitcase came to the back of the old Chatswood Community Hall in 1996. I was in the cast of the musical the "Boyfriend" and his mum was the wardrobe mistress I think. He had done two shows with Willoughby Musical Society (Shenandoah and King and I). Anyway I bought one of his books and he inscribed it with best wishes for the show and myself. Great read and so were the rest of his books. Still have it and in great condition. Do wonder what it might be worth.

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

Honestly? After 4 years?

The OP hasn't even logged onto the boards for over a year, so it is unlikely he will even see your 'reply'.

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

How much do you think they are worth now?
Message 30 of 36
Latest reply