AI is going badly wrong when doing listing descriptions

When doing a listing for a ceramic mug today, I let AI do a description for me and it came up with a ladies pair of jeans spiel.  This was about the fourth time in a row when doing a listing that this happened.

Does anybody know why AI descriptions aren't working correctly?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AI is going badly wrong when doing listing descriptions

It's early days.....yet another tool that has glitches....

AI on ebay site:www.ecommercebytes.com - Google Search

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can't help. I wouldn't use eBay's 'AI' in a fit. I use MI.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I would despair for humanity if it weren’t for AD (Artificial Despair). Let us not rely on our own emotions if we can get a machine to do it instead…

On a serious note - as AI bots are demonstrably known to “hallucinate” - it is no surprise that AI produced such irrelevancy for your listing. You are far better off writing your own listings.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I get it....I'm not a fan either, but if it can save me time and it is 'mostly' correct (and then tweaked) - then I would use it....it was fine just a week ago.   

Reading discussions on this community board it has come apparent to me that nobody really wants to help or get things working correctly.  If there is no attempt to fix, or notification from eBay that there is an issue, then why on earth create it in the first place!!  With the total lack of discussions around technical difficulties (the last one prior to mine was months ago), it shows there is little consideration of sellers in general....that's my opinion.

Back to doing it the old way I guess. :0)

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Other members most certainly do constantly help every day, however

given eBay staff very rarely read the member to member forum I am not sure what it is members can do to 'get things working correctly'

Why create the member to member forum in the first place you ask?

Because members give far more help, accurate answers and factual answers based on eBay policy (which few eBay staff are aware of or trained in)

Are you of the opinion the member to member forum has no value because other members cannot 'fix' technical issues caused by eBay?

This board is not to talk to eBay, that is not the purpose of it

You are welcome to try 'eBay Help' at the top of the page

There you will get a pre-written scripted response it has been raised with tech and they hope to have it resolved in 24-48 hours

It won't happen, but that is the amount of help eBay will provide 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As community members, there is sadly only so much we can do…

There are many things we’d like to see fixed, but although one or two eBay employees must read here, to the best of my knowledge they don’t post here - and they aren’t (again to the best of my knowledge) eBay IT. Even if eBay IT did read here, as far as I’m aware they’ve no authority to change the architecture or edit code because of eBay user requests — only when the order comes through from above.

Back to the issue of writing listings … It’s my view that producing AI-generated writing and checking it is more time-consuming than writing myself. Also, I hate, loathe and detest the “feel” of AI-generated content. I see it online in news, articles, and entire website text - and it is detestably obvious to me. It had a certain flavour.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It's early days.....yet another tool that has glitches....

AI on ebay site:www.ecommercebytes.com - Google Search

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your response, but wow you are quite defensive and making presumptions about my attitude toward the forums.  I didn’t say members don’t help.  I was referring to the addition of AI to eBay, not the member to member forum.  I know what the forum is for, I also know eBay members can’t do anything about technical issues, but I also thought that somebody at eBay would at least read the forum and perhaps pass it on.

No worries, I’ll give it all a big miss.  In the end I won’t care if eBay don’t.

i was just putting it out there. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply