Afterpay not show up in checkout

Hello Afterpay is not showing up in checkout as and options and can not showeing up in ebay. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not all items on eBay can be used with Afterpay, and even then I believe there are limits with Afterpay as well.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah Afterpay was working fine earlier with all items I was looking at.  I actually had an item page open from about 2 hours ago that had Afterpay listed as an option but when I refreshed that page just now, Afterpay disappeared and it does not show up in the checkout for that item now either.  In fact, Afterpay is not showing up as a payment option for any item on ebay that I click on or try to checkout regardless of the category or price so there must be a fault with the payment system.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah it's not working for me either, either on my own items or on other items I've previously looked at and which definitely had Afterpay as an option.

Might be something to do with the current Zip promotion?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

my_m8
Community Member

I noticed this today as well. I can no longer see the Afterpay option but it seems to have been replaced with Zippay. But It was still an option as of a few days ago. I've been trying to find out if Zippay has replaced it & eBay has dumped Afterpay or if there's some glitch?

I have both but only use Afterpay for my eBay purchases.

Hopefully someone will have some answers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

namu36
Community Member

Same here..all AfterPay options gone..hopefully it's just a technical issue and Ebay hasn't abruptly dumped Afterpay in favour of Zippay.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Same here . Now it only shows zip now  ,

There’s no sign of Afterpay anymore 

what the? I don’t want to use zip I want to use afterpay .

hopefully just a glitch .

be stupid move on ebays part if not be

eBay will be loosing out if they have shafted Afterpay 
Because I won’t be using zip 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

My items are showing Afterpay may be available & also Zip may be available??

Paying with Afterpay | eBay

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

As I said in the other thread, I can see it.

This is just a screenshot of a random listing:

Screenshot 2022-11-18 164608.png

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The problem with ZipPay is that you cannot repay it in 4 easy instalments, you can only use it like a credit for the entire amount. Afterpay helps me so much to spread repayments over 4 instalments. If I can't do that, I can't/ won't use eBay. They've put next to the payment option "buy now pay later" buy it doesn't spread across 4 instalments like Afterpay. You open an account & get a limited credit (like $500 & up) to pay off monthly with higher fees.  I don't know why they can't do both either? 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply