Afterpay not working ... ?

vishm70
Community Member

I've been trying to make purhcases on eBay through Afterpay on numerous occasions, but keep receiving e-mails saying I have to resend my payment, it's getting frustrating because I have contacted Afterpay and they have no resolution. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or do you have a solution ... ? 
Thank You ! 🙂

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Afterpay not working ... ?

Others are experiencing problems also.

Appears to be a site issue.

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I have the same problem too, but I can't help you I'm afraid.

It has happened to me several times - they (Afterpay) take the first installment from my bank account then say the payment failed. But they don't refund the money! And they have no interest in helping. I contacted them but they just said it's eBay's fault (it's not). I get annoyed because I lose money and then the seller gets annoyed because I can't pay.

Afterpay's customer service is terrible.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Well, well, well...

I've just been looking through my bank account history. It seems Afterpay DID repay the money...eventually...they just didn't say anything about it. I guess they didn't want to admit they made a mistake (several times).

I guess I should take back my comment about terrible customer service.

But it should never have happened in the first place - and it shouldn't keep happening to other eBayers.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Yes. Ebay says it's afterpay and afterpay say it eBay fault. I have complained 4 times to both and afterpay finally said that they do not cancel sales on ebay so it is ebay doing this
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Ugh! It keeps happening and it p's me off!

Installments are the perfect payment option for me, so I would love to use Afterpay more often BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! So instead, I have to keep paying in full which can be inconvenient sometimes.

This has been going on ever since Afterpay was introduced here. I've complained about this so many times.

Please, please, PLEASE...ebay, either fix it or get rid of it.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

arnast
Community Member

I try to pay for something using afterpay and when i select afterpay payment option and click pay now with afterpay i get a popup the comes up for a few seconds and then it goes back to checkout with "Something went wrong with this payment option. Please try again, or select a different payment option." I've contacted ebay 6 days ago and still nothing and afterpay don't seem to care that it doesn't work.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

To be fair it's not eBay's problem that Afterpay doesn't work for you. I don't use it, and probably never will, but from my understanding of the process Afterpay put limits on the amount and the number of purchases a member of theirs can make. Possibly that's where your problem lies.

Other than that all I can suggest if to use the usual "fix" of clearing your cache and cookies then rebooting your computer.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

The system is not working and ebay has allowed Afterpay to use their system to be used so they should make sure it works or get rid of it and afterpay should take some responsibility for it as well. I've tried several computers and browsers and the same has happened.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Have you contacted Afterpay themselves ???

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply