Afterpay

I wasn't sure whether to post this in 'Buying' or 'Technical Issues'. This is my second attempt, my first attempt seemed to disappear.

I often use Afterpay, but have recently been having issues. On two occasions, a few minutes after I pay I recieve a message (from eBay) saying the payment did not go through and I need to try again.

Here's my problem: I check my Afterpay account and there is no record of the order *BUT!!!!!* when I check my bank account, Afterpay have withdrawn the first installment. I contacted Afterpay, but this was their response:

< < < < < Hi (my name).

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent order with eBay.

Did you know that eBay has an internal Help Hub where you can:

• browse articles relating to your query
  • track orders
  • organise a return
  • contact seller
  • get help with an item that hasn't arrived

Check it out (link removed)

Also, eBay have their own internal customer care team you can reach out to! You can find them (link removed)

We recommend you reach out to them directly first. We are not able to change the order once it's placed so in the meantime your Afterpay instalment plan remains in place.

Have a great day,

(team member)
Afterpay Support Team > > > > >

They didn't understand my problem at all, then blamed someone else.

This has happened twice - I've lost $90 in total.

Should I contact them again, or just go straight to the bank?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Afterpay

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Before jumping the gun have a look in your paypal account.

It is my understandinng that the seller receives full payment for the transaction through paypal and paypal gets the future installments.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Afterpay

Hi this is happening to me right now. What was the outcome for you? Did you get your money back?

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply