Can't log in to eBay using mobile App

jlogo
Community Member

Just recently I found out that I cannot log in to the eBay mobile App (for Android) as I get the following message:

"You have exceeded the daily limit so access for this individual function will be denied for the rest of the day. Please try later".

Well, it's been 48 hours later and I still cannot login to eBay using the mobile App. Logging in via the eBay website works fine. 

Prior to this all happening I did receive a message from eBay warning of a possible account breach and suggested I change my password which I could only do via the eBay website.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the eBay App, switched between WiFi and LTE, VPN off and on - all to no avail. No  login accepted via the eBay App.

This is beyond annoying and points to a fault somewhere with the App or eBay's infrastructure.

A Google search for this problem revealed a bit of info but no solution.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Afraid I can't help as far as the app goes, far too many issues with it for me to want to even try it using it

BUT, the message you had, are you sure it really was from eBay and not a phishing scam?

Did you click on any links that were in an email rather than in eBay messages?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As far as I know, the app has always been full of glitches and ebay are aware.

Best to stick to the full site, is my advice.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Always check if emails are also in your eBay messages.

The email you received could be a phishing email, as Sandy said, and so could be the other email you received asking you to change your password. 

PS: As for the App, I don't use it either in spite of eBay sending me discount codes trying to make me use it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies.

It turns out I needed to clear cache and data for Google Play Services after uninstalling the eBay App then rebooting and reinstalling the App.

It's all working now. It was an Android issue. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I hope you didnt click a link in a email.  Quick change your password

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply