Contact seller through auction page not working.

Hello all.

I have been using eBay for 20 years and never had a problem like this. When I try to contact seller to ask a question from the item auction page, the page goes into an endless loop, and it means that I am unable to contact the seller for any reason. This has been happening for about 1 week. I have tried many different auctions, day and night, and it makes no difference. This was working fine last week. eBay has definitely changed something on their end. I am using Firefox 78 and Safari 11 on a Mac running Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Contact seller through auction page not working.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Try a different browser maybe

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If you're running El Capitan, you're about 7 years behind the current update.

Current version is Ventura, although I'm still running the previous one - Monterey.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

At a minimum, you should be upgrading from a security point of view.

Safari is now version 16.

Your current system is pretty vulnerable.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi all. Thanks to all respondents. I have tried different browsers, but it makes no difference.

I doubt age is the problem. I have a 2016 Android phone with Android 5.1, and eBay works perfectly. I think some programmer at eBay has simply made a coding error, and no one noticed.

The security concerns posters have raised are legit, and I would like to upgrade, but upgrading to a modern computer that can run the latest OS's is simply not possible now.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi again. I thought you may wish to know that eBay has now fixed the problem. Ask a question is now back to working correctly, just as it always has.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply