Ebay cyber attack??!!!

Is anyone else having issues selling this week?

Over the last week I've had numerous buyers trying to purchase items from me. When they try to buy a message comes up at checkout and it says,  "the seller is unable to post to your location".  They are domestic buyers and local buyers. This is affecting over 220 of my listings.

I have contacted Ebay regarding this issue several times this week its a serious technical issue affecting my account and is preventing me from selling any items on eBay!  I was told today that it's possible it could be a cyber attack and it is happening to other sellers the Ebay customer support officer was reluctant to tell me anything further.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ebay cyber attack??!!!

As stated  13708 is not an error message

The only other reference I can locate is as  an ID Alert 13708    from back in april

Not sure if that also refers to you.

Buyer is getting error when checking out showing "Unfortunately seller will not ship to your location" (April 19, 2022)

Reference ID: ALERT13708

Provide Seller ID:
Provide Buyer Id:
Provide Item number:
Provide Screenshot:

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

Happened to us as well - the occasional sale gets through. Waste of time contacting CS - they couldn't find their way out of a brown paper bag. They are just trained to read from scripts. If the answer can't be found in the scripts they just pass you from pillar to post.

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

What did you end up doing to fix it?

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

Yes this is the error message I was given by ebay customer support it's the first I've heard of it, they told me the error number 13708, i didn't pull it out of my **bleep** gutterpunkz05!

This was obviously another error message another user had back in April.

I've been told by ebay customer support that my error 13708 is affecting sellers worldwide and they are working on it. They mentioned I would hear back from ebay in a week!

I really don't want to waste any more of my time trying to justify what ebay customer support told me, because it's counterproductive, I'm not sure why you are so cynical that you don't believe I have this issue,  I need a solution if anybody has any, not bullying by you accusing me of making **bleep** up and having low intelligence. If you don't have a solution just say so, don't suggest causes eg "fiddling with my business policies" as this is info I have given you.. you don't have to accuse me of having intelligence in short supply, that's rude and counterproductive. What's hard to believe is a lot of seller may not realise that they have this issue, their sales will just be down.. most buyers are too lazy to message buyers saying their is an issue. most don't have the time..

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

I had sympathy for you initially.

No longer.

This is at least the third thread you've opened about this issue, not including the SEVEN year old one you bumped.

Just stick to one.

You will get a lot more sympathy, not to mention that you will get members' thoughts in one, easily digestible, place.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

We can probably establish now that this 13708 probably isn't actually an error code; rather, it's the reference ID of a reported error in which a buyer receives an error message that says โUnfortunately seller will not ship to your locationโž.

Perhaps eBay's error codes are nothing more than reference IDs; I can't establish that.

OP, what happens if you create a new listing with AP postage options? I can try adding it to my cart, to see whether this will produce the particular error you mention.

It might be related to the business policies being removed/edited/what-have-you; with the community's help we can at least try to narrow down what it is and what it isn't, based on trying things out.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

Customer Support will always tell you there is an issue and the tech team are working on it. Put in the search bar "tech team are working on it" and you'll get thousands of results. Newsflash, that's a furphy. You are told that to shut you up and get you off the line/chat.

I have sold 13 items in the last 3 days. Absolutely no issues. I opted out of Business Policies yonks ago and it was the absolute best thing I did. Now I have control over my account and my postage options. Despite you getting a bit antsy, if you've been fiddling with your BPs, then chances are, that is your problem. It was doing my head in and I was having all sorts of issues, so I opted out. No issues since.

No one is disputing you have an issue. Clearly you do. Just don't believe the carp that Customer Support throws at you to shut you up. 

Oh, and as already mentioned, stick with your original thread. It gets too confusing for the helpers having to jump between multiple threads. I'd probably also suggest asking the forum moderators to move your thread to the Selling forum, where it's going to get way more exposure than it will here.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Just to put it out there, I clicked on your listing "SEAT CLAMP KNUCKLE VINTAGE RETRO ROAD BICYCLE BIKE SUIT RAILED SEATS / SADDLES". I was able to get all the way to checkout without being told you don't post to my location. I am regional NSW. I selected PayPal as the payment method and I got as far as hitting confirm (which obviously I wasn't going to do!!!).

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

I have never said you dont have an issue,  and have offered several points to solve your original problem, but you refuse to provide details  IE    item number,  or if you have been able to solve your original issue, or who

was responsible for removing  Click and collect from your listings  you or ebay, this is beside you categorically denying  click and collect was available on your listings, until you were emphatically corrected.

If you only want to hear what you think will solve your issues, then yes you can consider everything  CS tells you as Gospel, and just sit there and wait.    But you would be much better spending your time looking into your own business policies.  But hey you can just keep posting BS threads and I will just sit back and laugh.

Seems most responders willing to offer any help have given up.

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

Hi countess,  thats how I see it a reference number apparently relating to  ebay CS chats. from where I got it.

as for it being an error code, the partial list I posted was from a sequential list of all ebay error codes,

and the code the OP refers to does not exist.

Nor could I find a reference to such an  error code  via google and a multi engine search of the net

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply