Email regarding seller fees that were automatically paid a week ago

So I received an email this morning - with alarming yellow highlighted text - advising that to keep my eBay account in good standing I have to pay my seller fees asap. The issue is that I pay my fees automatically via PayPal and they were paid a week ago! I contacted eBay and they confirmed that it wasn't a spoof email and they also confirmed that my payment was received. It seems there was a glitch in the system -  which eBay has many of - and they have received a lot of complaints. I was very annoyed when I received this email. EBay really need to get their act together. Add that to the new Seller Hub which is a pain - lots of additional navigating to find the information you need - I think eBay needs to have a look at their programming rather than mess around changing things that were working fine in the first place.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Agree, we received this message on 2 accounts - very alarming at first reading.

Just another Ebay glitch!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes we are in the same boat.

However we were advised by eBay that this was a spoof email and had to send it to spoof@ebay.com

Seems that the left does not know what the right is doing.

Yet another eBay messup.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Me too.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I just had one too. I rang eBay who confirmed my account is paid and to ignore the email and the technical team is aware of the issue. She didn't seem sure if it was a spoof or real - the thing is that the email had the correct amount. So maybe there's a failure on automatic payments of seller fees between eBay and PayPal. Very annoying and not a nice email first thing.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply