How Do I Cancel XCover Insurance?

I've been sent down a rabbit hole to cancel my XCover.com Insurance.  Does anyone know how to do this?  🤔

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How do I make a change, cancel or get a refund for my XCover Protection?

You can cancel your XCover Protection at any time. Refunds are available up to a date that is shown in your policy wording (typically 28 days from purchase). You can cancel your XCover Protection via your eBay dashboard or by logging in to your XCover Account using your eBay email address.

Link: https://www.ebay.com.au/cdp/help/protection-plan/xcover

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

These links don't help find the page. One brings you to the same information and links the other brings you to the eBay homepage.

Where on the dashboard are we supposed to go?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

https://www.xcover.com/account (to which I linked in my previous reply). Have you tried that?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

This is rubbish,

You can't cancel.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Try this link then.

https://www.xcover.com/en/help/partners/bookingprotect

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I am really unhappy with Xcover Insurance and Ebay.  Transit insurance with Xcover was offered as an option when I checked out to buy an Ebay item.  I thought it was a one off insurance payment to cover the item for damage during transit.  I did in no way realise I was signing up to an ongoing policy!!!  My ebay item was cancelled the very next day by the seller and therefore never being sent to me. I received a refund for the cancelled item but NOT the insurance amount!  This is so wrong!!!!  Xcover says I have to accept their policy... which there is no way I want to do... and then log into my "account" with them to cancel the policy!  I hope I never get caught with this rubbish ever again!!!  Just want to warn others!  Sellers who are using Xcover should make it very clear that you are not paying them but another seller (Xcover) on ebay!!!  I didn't realise this until I asked why I haven't been refunded for the insurance amount when my order got cancelled!  I am hoping I will be refunded this amount or I shall be making a complaint!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@roann13 wrote

I did in no way realise I was signing up to an ongoing policy!!! 

It always pays to read the T&C's before you click on any offer....................

BTW. Xcover has nothing to do with the seller, it's put in by eBay into the listing.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If you just randomly tick stuff without having really actually read what you ticked you had read, you will certainly 'get caught' 

And don't blame sellers for doing it

Not sure who you intend to complain to, it is not the seller's responsibility to pay your bills you agreed to pay

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Google is a wonderful thing....sometimes.       Tried it?

How do I get a refund from XCover?

If you want to cancel after your product has shipped, log into your XCover Account and click 'Cancel/Modify' on the protection you'd like to make changes to or cancel to see what options are available. If you cancel within 30 days of purchase you are eligible for a full refund.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply