I'm having trouble logging into Ebay and I am not the only one. This happens with IE11.

I have been uable to log into Ebay for 3 days. This happens when I am using IE11 but I can hoever get in using Microsoft Edge.

I have read from other users on a technical forum that they have the same problem.

I really don't feel I have to use another browser as suggested by people on that forum as I have been using IE for many years.

The problem I suggest is with Ebay rather than IE.

Is Ebay aware of this problem and if so when will it be fixed?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I'm having trouble logging into Ebay and I am not the only one. This happens with IE11.

Ebay & IE have not been 'friends' for years.

They do not support it

Try Chrome. Firefox, Edge....they all work well with ebay
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Re: I'm having trouble logging into Ebay and I am not the only one. This happens with IE11.

Thanks I just realized there was another thread on this same issue.

I guess I have no alternative other than use another browser.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

sadly yes, we all had to change
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I have found that using Chrome and downloading a free adblocker has enabled the eBay site to run smoothly and faster.

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

The alternative is to contact ebay help line like i am doing. if there are enough doing that there may be sonethin done in a timley fashion

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

kopenhagen5  while it collects all you personal information it can find

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@miyi-94 wrote:

The alternative is to contact ebay help line like i am doing. if there are enough doing that there may be sonethin done in a timley fashion

The problem with that is: several weeks ago I phoned eBay (Manila) and they told me to switch to IE as that was what they were using....totally bogus

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@miyi-94 wrote:

kopenhagen5  while it collects all you personal information it can find

I am sure Chrome collects less than Microsoft. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@miyi-94 wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but no matter how  many times you contact ebay they will not take any notice of you and they are certainly not going to reinstate IE, and certaily not in a timely fashion.....it has been years since ebay decided not to support it.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply