I used to be able to use afterpay and Paypal( Pay in 4), but now it is not an option

brain1
Community Member

Does anyone know why these are removed as an option, and how to restore them?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I used to be able to use afterpay and Paypal( Pay in 4), but now it is not an option

As has been widely advised on many occasions , eBay is removing PayPal as an option for buyers too (just as they removed it for sellers years ago)

Maybe this is the start of that, rather than a technical issue ? 

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

About PayPal being removed, I have just noticed it is still there, even if it was supposed to be removed in July of this year I think?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

The paypal option should be in the paypal funding source page after you login and is usually at the bottom if they offer it.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Itโ€™s still available - I just used it a few minutes ago. Itโ€™s at the end, when you checkout, you can the choose โ€œPayPalโ€ then when it takes you to the PayPal portal, choose โ€œPay in 4โ€ at the bottom. 

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

brain1
Community Member

I think that it has something to do with the configuration of my laptop, as I can access afterpay and Pay in 4 options on another computer.

I am going to try and figure out what has changed to stop me using these on my laptop

Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

I just had the same experience with Afterpay not being an available payment option on eBay. I had no issue on Friday (25/8/23). Today, Sunday (27/8/23), I went to eBay to make another purchase only to find that Afterpay had disappeared as an option to pay. In the interim I had to reset my iPad so I thought that that might be the problem. I checked out eBay Help and looked up Afterpay. Towards the bottom of the article there is a blue sign in link to Afterpay.  So I signed in to Afterpay again from eBay using the blue link. I then went back to my eBay checkout and just like that  the Afterpay payment option was reinstated as a payment option. So it appears that the Afterpay option at checkout is dependant on information stored on the device that has linked eBay to Afterpay. 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Hi, had the same problem with Afterpay not being a payment option. I use it all the time so a bit perplexed as to why it disappeared. I cleared my cache and signed in again and there it was back again. However after I had made the Afterpay payment for an ebay item, it immediately refunded me. I purchased another separate item and same thing happened..refund after about 2 minutes. Too late for customer service, will contact them in the morning. Goodnight.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

stu3133
Community Member

As of today, 28th Aug., Afterpay seems to have vanished as a payment option and has been replaced by Zip when looking at auction/buy now ads.

No idea if it is available after a purchase.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply