Incorrect Purchase History

rept22
Community Member

First, I spent a lot of time trying to find out how to converse with a real person on Ebay - Resolution Centre. I did try Chat, but it informed me it was not operating.  I could not find how to email the Resolution Centre.

I had to ring the Resolution Centre (when I eventually found the number) because an item in my Purchase History was incorrect.  I was astounded when I read the email The Resolution Centre sent which outlined a completely different problem to that I had raised.  The Resolution Centre had contacted my seller stating I wanted to return an item !!!  My query was not even close to that !!!  My problem had nothing to do with the seller, it was with EBay.  Obviously, the Resolution Centre did not understand my problem at all.  Hence a complete communication breakdown.I also found the heavy (American I think) accent impossible to understand at times and could not understand what was being said.  After I hang up from the first call and with the bits and pieces I could understand, I was able to presume what the actual problem was and that it was indeed an EBay problem.

I rang Ebay again.  It seems that when a seller changes an item, it also changes the Purchase History of a buyer.  Seems to me there is a problem with Ebay softwear!  I should be able to go into my Purchase History and know it is correct.  I have been an Ebay member for quite a few years and this has never happened before.   When I accessed Details of Order it was correct but it was totally different from what appeared on my purchase history.  A different item and a different purchasing price.  Not only that, the same item appeared twice in my Purchase History.

When I sighted the incorrect purchase, I had to check with my Bank and also with Paypal..........as well as two frustrating telephone calls to the Resolution Centre.  I was quite ujpset after the phone calls.  All that has taken up a couple of hours of my time and during my second call, I felt the operator was disdainful of the fact mine was a $12.11 Purchase.  I am blest to feed myself week to week and $12.11 is a lot of money to me.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Best to use the Have Us Call You option and ask to speak to a supervisor would be my suggestion

This is best done during business hours Mon - Fri

You will then get an Aussie, and not a Philipino (that's the American accent you heard)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Best to use the Have Us Call You option and ask to speak to a supervisor would be my suggestion

You will then get an Aussie, and not a Philipino (that's the American accent you heard)

Thank you very much for the above, imastawka. 

I am hoping I wont have problems with the software again, but if I do, I will be following instructions in this thread.  We have quite a few Philipino's in my area in South Australia and now I understand why the accent was difficult for me.

Much appreciated Happy

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I have never heard of the seller changing an item /changes the buyer's purchase history, I am not an expert in eBay software but that sounds very very odd

I am not surprised that the call center staff made it out to be a return request though, that is exactly how the call center operates, staff reading from pre-loaded scripts which are basically 'best match' on one or two key words

So if the caller says

"Item in purchase history is incorrect"

Call center staff member hears "incorrect item sent"

$12 odd is a heck of a lot of mponey to me too (and I'm certain we're not alone) But one wonders who thrilled the person you spoke to would be to lose twelve bucks

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Just to add, emailing is even more pointless as there will rarely be a reply at all, but, when the rare reply is sent, it is also 100% bot generated and only based on a key word or two

So, if I emailed and asked 

'Can I sell an Apple computer on eBay'

The reply might go

'You can not sell apples on eBay as they are fresh food'

Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

The initial key is that the resolution centre is for resolving issues with SELLERS, not eBay.

As far as changing purchase history, I'm not sure. If the seller edits an item after you purchase it, the current listing will show if you click on the one you bought. But there is also an option (top left from memory) to 'view the item you purchased'.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for a quick reply, enigmabear.

I have never heard of the seller changing an item /changes the buyer's purchase history, I am not an expert in eBay software but that sounds very very odd

As I stated, it has never happened to me before and I have been a member for quite a few years now.  That changing an item by a seller will change the item in a buyer's Purchase History is how it has been explained to me.  It is very odd indeed and indicates an Ebay softwear problem if it is so.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Sorry - had some problems with spoiler.

Apologies again re spoiler. 

+Obviously, if one sights something wrong in one's Purcahse History but the Details of Order for the purchase is correct, one is going to check with one's bank and Paypal to ensure all is ok and that can be time consuming.

Best to use the Have Us Call You option and ask to speak to a supervisor would be my suggestion

Thank you for the info! I did ask to speak with a Manager but got a whole rigmarole about why I couldn't.  So I just said goodbye and hung up.  If I have another problem, I will use your suggestion - and thank you again.

Thank you for the understanding re the $12.11 - there are probably heaps of low incomers on the breadline shopping on EBay.  I am severely disabled and almost rely totally on EBay often as all my shopping in the main is online.

Not only trhe above, but after I hung up from my first call to the Resolution Centre explaining that the incorrect item and price had been posted twice into my Purchase History, I went back into my Purchase History and the second entry had been deleted.........obviously by the Resolution Centre.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

The initial key is that the resolution centre is for resolving issues with SELLERS, not eBay.

As far as changing purchase history, I'm not sure. If the seller edits an item after you purchase it, the current listing will show if you click on the one you bought. But there is also an option (top left from memory) to 'view the item you purchased'.

At the time that I made contact intially via phone, I did not realise where the problem was.  It was the Resollution Centre that made it a problem with the seller and my request to return an item.

How do I find where to resolve an issue with eBay per se?

It definitely did change my Purchase History and the Resolution Centre explained to me that that is what happens when a seller changes an item.  I did click on the Purchase History item for Details of Order and the latter was correct;  however, if one sights a discrepency in one's Purchase History and Details of Purchase, it seems to me to be common sense to check with one's bank and also (in my case) Paypal to ensure all was ok - and that is time consuming.  It is a softwear problem.

Not only that my one purchase was repeated twice in my Purchase History meaning I had to check that out too with my bank and Paypal.  The duplicated item in my Purchase History simply disappeared between my first and second call to the Resolution Centre without any explanation to me.   Seems the Resolution Centre knew it was a duplication without much investigation if any.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

LOL
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Just to add, emailing is even more pointless as there will rarely be a reply at all, but, when the rare reply is sent, it is also 100% bot generated and only based on a key word or two

The reply might go

Smiley Frustrated

Or possibly the even more enigbearatic "No, you can use your smartphone"

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@joztamps wrote:

@enigmabear wrote:

The reply might go

Smiley Frustrated

Or possibly the even more enigbearatic "No, you can use your smartphone"

LOL......ahhh the Information Age.......seems that the dog is taking us for a walk...............

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply