Messages going missing

Buyers sending me messages but I'm not receiving them. I'm replying to other messages and ticking 'Send a copy to my personal email address' but none of the emails are being copied to my email???

Multiple buyers commenting saying they've sent messages, or included message to seller at purchase, that don't appear, and ebay claim nothing is wrong.

I can prove I'm not getting copies of any messages sent. Something is wrong with their messaging system.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Messages going missing

The more members that report it the better. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I had a message yesterday that did not show up on ebay but was in my email account.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Same problem today.

I'm replying to other messages and ticking 'Send a copy to my personal email address' but none of the emails are being copied to my email???

I hope ebay figure out there's an issue soon, as I'm losing lots of messages here.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Having same problem but you can still view your sent messages on your My Ebay page in the ebay messages sent box

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Problem mysteriously resolved itself last friday 23rd after I managed to get the issue escalated to ebays technical team. No response from ebay admitting there was any issue, and no notification that it had been rectified, but they obviously managed to find and fix whatever was wrong.

A lot of customers were frustrated being chased for messages they kept telling me they'd sent repeatedly, yet I couldn't see them at all.

At least it finally got fixed.

It would have been handled better if ebay were to:

A. acknowledge there was an issue (which they didn't)

B. advise us when they fixed the issue (which they still haven't).

As an e-commerce seller choosing to use ebay as a selling platform (and spending lots of $$ on ebay fees each month) this lack of transparency when they have an issue is very disappointing.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply