Overcharged fees - referral to 'technical team'... are they palming me off?

I've been a seller on e-bay for about 9 months. I recently queried the % i was being charged as it appeared I was paying casual rates despite subscribing to a storefront for the past 6 months. This was confirmed through customer service (overpaying by 3% per transaction) and I was advised my query was escalated to the 'technical team'. 2 weeks passed, no response, I queried the issue again, was assured someone would get back to me, waited another week. nothing. I queried again through the main CS channel and asked for an email address (to my respective country) to send my request formally in writing which I did. I received an email 15 minutes later assuring me that the query would be looked at and i would receive a response in 48 - 72 hours. I waited nothing. 2 weeks later I forwarded the message again to the CS email address asking for someone to get back to me. Its been another 4 weeks and nothing. I feel like giving up on selling this platform. How can I be in partnership with a platform who doesn't care about my business and this oversight. I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue?  I can't be the only one.... surely....

Is the referral to the 'tehnical team' a way of palming me off? 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Overcharged fees - referral to 'technical team'... are they palming me off?

Go Dee's!

I understand completely, 1 week is too long and wondering if it's at all worth it. 

I feel insignificant to them and it's turning me off the platform completely. 

I had hoped someone on here would see my message and tell me that they do respond to escalated queries and value sellers who drive their revenue through fee's, subscriptions, promotions and marketing. 

I am yet to hear that from the community... 😞

I greatly appreciate the 'sanity' check. Thank-you. 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I know it is irritating, but don't hold your breath waiting to hear back.  Unfortunately  CS are not employed by ebay, and what they say carries no weight, and is often incorrect.  So the fact they say you have been overcharged means zilch.

Members here will have a far better idea of what you should be paying, or  refer to the schedule of fees for both store and non store  respective to the particular sales tiers.

As stated your sales appear to be teir 4  which  for a basic store, only attracts a saving of  0.31%  Not taking into account the 30c fixed fee.

Not even the highest ranked store attracts a deduction of 3% for tier 4 sales.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Appreciate your candidness gutterpunkz05. 

I am familar with the charges schedule, there is more to the overcharged fees than just the commission on top line sales I just used this figure as an indicator but I do appreciate you providing clarity on this. 

There is a material change that happened on my account in Jan, (initiated by eBay) which from a UX perspective impacted the charges.

Even if I was completely wrong, didn't understand the fee schedule, terms of business, whatever, as a customer, my reasonable expectation would be a response. 

It's great to see a community of members supporting one another, I certainly feel I have the answers I needed, even if I had hoped for a different outcome. Thank-you. 🙂

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks to all who took the time to reply to my thread. 

I may have hoped for a different outcome however it's any easy decision for me to now make. 

All the best to the community of storefront sellers. At times this can be a really challenging gig, requiring you to wear many hats and excel at them all. I have the upmost admiration. Thank-you. 

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@weekendsbyr wrote:

I may have hoped for a different outcome however it's any easy decision for me to now make. 

So I gather from your account you made the decision to take your bat and ball and go home.  

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

No, that's not the case at all. I have given up hope on ever hearing back from eBay tech team but decided to focus on what I can do personally to maximise profit and deliver an even better customer service experience. It has altered my strategy but I'm no longer stuck waiting, which has given me a greater piece of mind.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply