Overseas purchases and GST

Ebay has got it WRONG yet again.

They are adding GST to both item and postage for purchases from overseas sellers.

GST should only be added to the actual item cost NOT postage.

ARE THEY GOING TO REFUND THIS STUFF UP TO BUYERS OR POCKET IT????

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Overseas purchases and GST

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

GST and other charges apply to items over $1000 so why would it be any different for low value items?

It is a Goods and Services Tax....postage is a service.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Don't tell him that when he sells and posts an item within Australia, he actually pays GST twice - once in the price paid to APost for its stamps or other services, then again when Ebay collects GST on, inter alia, the GST-loaded price paid to APost.

He'll have a heart attack.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes its absurd isnt it..but too many government boot likers here easily accept and approve it ๐Ÿ˜‰ even if you pay the postage services to your seller and seller pays to USPS for the service +gst in US and on top of it you canโ€™t have it in your hand and re-sell this โ€œpostage serviceโ€ in Australia ๐Ÿ˜‰ and also a service fully paid in other country nothing to do with Australian goverment and its taxation system..yeah liberal scam 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

chme61
Community Member
I have been charged gst for items i did not purchase.

Llease refund my gst for items that was never bought.

Kind regards
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You are not contacting ebay here.....the boards are run by volunteer members who have no authority to refund anything to you.

It is not possible to be charged GST if you did not buy anything.  The GST has to be added to your invoice.....no sale no GST.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply