Payment System

ausclip
Community Member

I would like to place my own payment system into my online selling account as a means of cost savings to me as a seller, rather than have to pay the fees of Paypal, after pay etc. Is there any way of having my own payments system added onto the selling options?

Happy to provide the system to all sellers on Ebay to help save them up to 40% of the fees charged by other payment platforms.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Payment System

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Perhaps - as a seller - I should have asked - ' where do I sign '. lol

40% - hello.

Hi Dom.   40% of  0  =  Uhmmm......... 0

as everything is now incorporated in the set ebay fee

Come on Gutter - your sense of humour is better than that. lol

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

You should laugh more often also.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

Hi Dom,  It was tongue in cheek,  after all I did notice the  LoL.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

@domino-710 wrote:

You should laugh more often also.

Trust is a serious matter,  

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

The fees that are placed on sales / sellers are due to the payments processing that all sales have to pay - the 14% of thereabouts that Ebay charges are on cost from the payments platforms that are used. I am asking and offering to have another payment platform added that is Australian based and is a much cheaper option while delivering the same result. I dont believe that anyone would mind saving some of the fees and costs of doing business?

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

Get back to us after you have obtained an Australian Financial Services Licence.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

It  is not your choice

You do not get to do your own thing

eBay is not going to allow it

Other members are not going to push for eBay  to make it happen (nor would they legally be allowed to make it happen)

end of 

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

@ausclip wrote:

The fees that are placed on sales / sellers are due to the payments processing that all sales have to pay - the 14% of thereabouts that Ebay charges are on cost from the payments platforms that are used. I am asking and offering to have another payment platform added that is Australian based and is a much cheaper option while delivering the same result. I dont believe that anyone would mind saving some of the fees and costs of doing business?

I think this answer highlights you lack of knowledge of the sales process.

Yes Ebay does provide a payments platform,  but they also provide the listing platform,  management of that platform,  regulation of that platform.

Prior to Ebay providing the payments platform, we had paypal,   which if I remember right the fee's were somewhere around 3% (I'm sure domino will correct me).   So of that 14% you claim,  you would only reduce the Ebay component by say 3%.   And than you are only giving me back 40% of that,  so at best I will be saving 1.5% overall,  to use a totally untrusted payment system.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

I may be misinterpreting, but I think the OP is under the impression that sellers are liable to pay a % to other funding sources, other than ebay.

There are no other fees - just ebay, and you can't get around that one if you want to sell on ebay.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Payment System

Read the links I provided.

Read the financial regulations information for Australian financial institutions.

Read the law in Australia pertaining to anti money laundering.

Your continued posting on this is - Iโ€™m going to be brutally frank here - ludicrous and potentially encouraging criminal behaviour. Itโ€™s not even the situation in an eBay context that concerns me; itโ€™s the entire basic proposal.

Are you involved in money laundering?

(And this not a facetious question.)

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply