Security Bumblebees

I'm sick and tired of having to send password and click Bumblebees and flowers every time I want to log on. At the same time I keep getting  messages that I'm using "new device" which I'm not.  All of this is completely useless, not something user can control and no other site does that. I don't even want to log on my Ebay anymore because of this annoyance. I never get this on Amazon either. Get rid of it.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Security Bumblebees

I am not sure how you expect other members to get rid of it

You have been posting here more than long enough to know eBay maybe might once in a while read posts here

Yes, users can control it to a degree (it often happens when the cache is cleared and when using a VPN)

Yes, other sites do do it, I get it every time I log into FlyBuys and half the time with Telstra 

No point if you are off to Amazon though

Have to hate those pesky security measures 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

🐝🌼

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information.

We have no access to eBay code and site architecture.

Even if you spoke to eBay CS reps, you wouldn’t be in touch with someone who had access to eBay code and site architecture (or had the authority to change login security).

As sandy has pointed out, eBay isn’t the only site requiring that you click on images or enter a verification code when logging in, and it’s particularly (but exclusively) the case if you’re clearing cookies and cache regularly or surfing anonymously. Amazon seem to use the single-use verification code each time; is that less annoying for you?

To misquote Philpot Currans, ❝The condition upon which [internet users have] security […] is eternal [bumblebees and flowers]; which condition if he break, [password access to his accounts and ID theft] is at once the consequence of his [poor online security measures] and the punishment of his [laxity]

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

Must be something in your setup,   I dont get them

But hey,  if it stops someone from hacking your account, bonus

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

I expect members to complain about it and ebay will get the message. Most people hate it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/unsolicited-idea-submissions-policy?i...

eBay is always pleased to hear from members of the eBay community and welcomes their comments regarding eBay's products and services. <—🚫 The fluff, because it seems rude simply to say “We don’t care about your comments. Blah blah blah.”

❝However, eBay's long-standing company policy does not allow eBay to accept or consider ideas, suggestions, proposals or materials other than those eBay has specifically requested. <— The gist, nicely worded, but meaning “No, we really really don’t care what you think we should be doing, unless we ask you in a carefully worded questionnaire designed to elicit the result we want.”

But by all means complain to eBay. 

I strongly doubt that “most people hate it” for the reasons I’ve already stated, but if you have evidence to the contrary, I’m listening…

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

How come I never get bumblebees and flowers  but motor bikes, buses and traffic lights?

I've lost count of the number of websites that want me to prove I'm human.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

I don't hate it as I don't get it. So I won't be complaining.

But I don't hide behind a VPN nor slavishly clear cache and cookies.

I am prepared to take the consequent risks. If you aren't, learn to love bumblebees.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

"Most people hate it",  would imply that most people have this problem.  Must be something wrong with my setup, might have to close the curtains.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Security Bumblebees

@paper-jack wrote:

How come I never get bumblebees and flowers  but motor bikes, buses and traffic lights?

I've lost count of the number of websites that want me to prove I'm human.

I'm jealous, I don't get buses, I get traffic lights or planes. I like buses. Actually, no, I hate buses! Thankfully it's not very often. I had a very similar sounding posting account to this one and it got stuck in a loop of those things and I couldn't get out of it. Even ebay were at a loss, so they said as it's just a posting account, create a new one. So, I did. I think I've only had it twice on this account.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply