The new mardown sale managing page - Driving me nuts!

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

The first time I used this new set up,  it went ok.  But recently,   when setting up a sale I select items, start & finish times,  but after the sale has started I look at the items,  nothing is on sale?

Just this morning I set up 2 sales,  700 items in total. No items came up as on sale. 

I much preffered the old system, but even it was not ideal and could have done with at least more features.

1.  Being able to start sales as soon as a new item/product is listed,  "they do this in real shops"

2.  Being able to adjust shipping costs for customers in order to get a sale, withoud ending the sale. "This one has cost us a lot of sales over the years from international and local customers"

There are a couple more things I had written down somewhere about the ebay set up and page redirection, but would take to long to type it out.  

If anyone has found a solution to the "no items sale issue" please let me know. Im going nuts here.

Spoiler

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't use it. I only use volume discounts. But -

I believe you cannot put items on sale within 7 days of listing them, or them coming off sales.

I still have to ask why you want to put everything on sale. Surely the point of sales is to discount some items for a set period. Certainly putting items on sale as soon as you list them would appear to be outside that purpose. You could list them for less to start with.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ebay is doing your sale for you, it seems.

Your items have the code PENNY5 attached to them.

That means a 5% discount for your buyers.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply