eBay keeps logging me out??

As title reads, Forums and actual normal site. (both desktop)

SURELY it's not just me, I've getting sick of it. Customer service is no help. Oh DUH "clear cache" "clear cookies" "use a different browser"  "turn your pc off and on etc"

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

So have you tried clearing cookies and cache and rebooting your computer?

Ebay no longer supports IE so if that is your browser of choice it would be better to try something different.....Chrome, Firefox and Edge all work well.

Not sure why you are contemptuous of that advice from CS....that would be the advice given on the boards initially and if it does not work we would look for other solutions.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

haha

Multiple accounts, all do the same thing. Opera, Firefox (primary) and chrome.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Are you using a VPN?

Are your browsers set to erase cookies on closing? Or are you using a cleaner program that routinely erases your browser cookies?

Any of those could potentially cause sign-in issues.

There is a setting in your account site preferences to keep you signed in (one for eBay, one for the discussion boards); it might be worth checking those boxes and hitting "apply" if you want to stay signed in. The checkbox on the sign in page seems to not work consistently in all browsers.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Nah no VPN, happening at home and work.

Yes Always ticked keep me signed in still logged out.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Seems to be fixed now, apparently ebay dropped support for firefox and opera. Probably because they can't track you as much ha!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera. No problems with any of them.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what happened its all fixed now was driving me crazy, could of been my ISP as we use the same at the warehouse or just my area
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I rarely use Firefox these days as it's a complete memory hog on my 1850s laptop. Never had an ounce of trouble with Opera. Chrome has a hissy fit every now and then. It spacked out a few months ago. Doing the usual cleanout didn't help. Then I noticed an update was available, so updated and it fixed the problem.

The problem was having to log in any time I clicked on something. A right pain in the butt. Relisting an item was impossible. Same thing happened last week, but 3 clearouts fixed it, for now. Last week I was continually prompted to log in, then got stuck on a captcha thingy. Every time I'd insert the code, it would send me straight back for another code. I cleared out 3 times, which then fixed it, even though there shouldn't have been anything left after the first go.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply