eBay mobile app won't work anymore

Hi, eBay has sent a message to say that the current eBay app is being retired this month. I have tried to use the app on my phone but keep getting the message that I need to upgrade the app, when I try to do this I get the message that my device does not support this app. I can access eBay via a web site only.

Has this happened to everyone?

thanks!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Same, iPhone app does not work ๐Ÿ˜ก
Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

I did the same thing on my iPhone I can still access it on my iPad so far touch wood. So basically the app sounds like itโ€™s cactus which is very inconvenient because half the time safari doesnโ€™t work on my iPhone either. Although I am happy I m not the only one experiencing this problem
Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

Hi - I am having this issue as well on iphone - it just kicks you out after a few seconds so I tried updating and it just goes around and around in its circle. So I did what ebay troubleshooting suggests and deleted and tried re-installing but again the around and around thing. So I did a web chat with them and they said to ask everyone to do the same thing so they can force their technical department to look into it more urgently.  They are looking into it for me now but being the "first complaint" (apparently) it won't hold much weight.

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

lbat8500
Community Member
Hi I am having the same problem, what phone carrierโ€™s is everyone with. Cause it seems Telstra people still have eBay or can get it.
Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

mcla7021
Community Member
I am With Telstra and having same problem - ebay app wonโ€™t open.
Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

Get an Android. Never had an ounce of trouble with it on my Samsung. Oh wait, I received a message from a buyer today and there was no notification on my phone. Apart from that, can't fault it!

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

IOS 13.3
iPhone 8
Telstra network

eBay app has not worked for months. Not using data or wifi.
Uninstalled and reinstalled no change. Still does not work.
Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

Get an android. It only seems to be apple users that are having an issue.

You can always access eBay via whatever browser iPhones have.

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

izzi969
Community Member
Not working on my iPhone X either
Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

As I already said, it's obviously an iPhone thing. Us android users are having no problems. If you use inferior phones, you have to expect some things won't work. Buy a decent phone and your problems are solved.

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply