eBay mobile app won't work anymore

Hi, eBay has sent a message to say that the current eBay app is being retired this month. I have tried to use the app on my phone but keep getting the message that I need to upgrade the app, when I try to do this I get the message that my device does not support this app. I can access eBay via a web site only.

Has this happened to everyone?

thanks!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Yes my app wonโ€™t even load!
Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

The app will not load
Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Mine is working. Just relisted an item for sale. I added an item to my watch list, and also made a purchase, which I paid for successfully.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? That usually fixes most issues I've had with it in the past. If you don't have the latest version, it carries on like a pork chop.

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

My eBay app also not working. Tried to download gumtree app and the same problem. Have uninstalled and re-installed eBay app still no luck!
Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

I for one would love to see it gone as a seller.They didnt even had the sense to add a tab for ""Request total from Seller"" so buyers can asked for combined totals instead Ebay make them pay seperate postage on each item.So sellers do partial refunds  buttttttttttttttttttttttt,you have any idea how much money ebay make by  holding funds,the % from millions of sellers as buyers who use the app are forced to pay immediately,where as in the classic site  www.ebay.com.au you are able to ask for  combined total before paying,and sellers then have to get credits for the refunds,so when a seller has to ring Ebay 20 times or more a week yes the mobile app is  a total flop as a programme!!!

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

Iโ€™m having issues also. Tried uninstalling and now canโ€™t re-install.
Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

Yes.. doesnโ€™t work on iPhone 8 anymore! Have to login with Safari.
Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

Same
Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

Can I assume that everyone who is having issues is using an iPhone? I'm still having no issues with my Samsung. Maybe it's a good time to ditch the apple rubbish and buy a decent phone.

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

You might be right Tippy.  I see so many complaints about the app but I never have any problems.  I used to have a Samsung and now a Nexus and no app issues with either.  Of course it doesn't do everything the website does, it's an app, but I wouldnt be without it as I'm away from home 3 days each week and can do most things using the app, saves me a lot of time when I get home.

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply