Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au (26/07/2011)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member
Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au (26/07/2011)

This thread is to discuss with other eBay members the **Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au** announcement made on 26/07/2011.

These changes include:
· Changes to fees on eBay.com.au
· Introduction of eBay Top Rated Sellers

Please feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you may have about these upcoming changes, as well as other changes mentioned in the announcement.

Please remember, eBay Community Guides are here help you find what you need on eBay Forums but cannot offer advice pertaining to other areas of eBay or engage in conversation. You can find more information about eBay Discussion boards and how they work here: Discussion Board's Help Page
eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 345
Latest reply
344 REPLIES 344

Re: Changes to meet buyer demand on eBay.com.au (26/07/2011)

"Seems that what eBay gives with one hand, it takes with the other."

Is that the same as "eBay is getting greedier and greedier"?
Message 221 of 345
Latest reply

They will just keep taking more and more. Please remember, it is "EBAY INTERNATIONAL" which means "they are not Aussie"
Message 222 of 345
Latest reply

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Everything has changed, especially the amount you end up paying at the end!!!!!!
Message 223 of 345
Latest reply

Gee wiz, you'd think in the world economic climate the way things are they would maybe lower fees a little, greed is good !!!
Message 224 of 345
Latest reply

revampz
Community Member
Hi all

I have not sold on here for a couple of years but had planned to start again.

Last night I had a bbq and had quite a few people over. I told them about the changes EBAY have/are making and I thought I'd just let you know some of the responses.

1st of all at least 3 people said they did not shop on here anymore because of all the carp from china.

When I told them they are trying to get rid of the auction, another 3 said that was the only reason they shopped on ebay was because it was a good way of getting things at a good price due to the auctions.

Another one said they only bought collectibles and antiques on here and nothing else, and it just opened up a bigger marketplace for them.

My niece said that alot of the BIN new clothes were dearer now than what she can get in an actual shop because of the sales and she could actually try it on and see how it looked.

So I am stumped at ebays thinking in this economical climate.

I personally love buying good quality second hand clothes at auction prices that I could not afford to pay full price for and especially love things like vintage handbags etc. but I only ever buy things on auction.

My husband buys carnival glass, same thing only auction. We also buy collectibles, but only on auctions.

We do not go here for anything else, ESPECIALLY the mass produced CARP from China!!!!!!!!!!!! in fact it has turned us off ebay alot.

Ebay used to be about buying unique and different stuff and I loved trawling through the pages looking for it. Now it looks like a CRAZY CLARKS or a REJECT shop.

I hope another company gets on the bandwagon and opens a site for just unique handmade goods, vintage clothes, records, collectibles, books, quality secondhand etc etc.....

I think they have are making a big mistake if they think that the buyers are after the mass produced big corporation stuff...........that is old hat, the trend is quality made and value for money.
Message 225 of 345
Latest reply

revampz
Community Member
I am solely a buyer and my love of EBay has always been auctions. I really don't like BIN unless I am desperate for something immediately. They(EBay) certainly didn't survey me. Why wold I want you as sellers to pay more. It would only be natural that you would have to pass on those charges. Don't we hear that whenever there is a fuel price rise or similar? As a buyer I'm not happy with the changes that have been made over the last couple of years. I do feel for you as sellers and it is spoiling what I thought EBay was all about - auctions and cheaper prices.
Lorraine

Lorraine I am with you. I live in burbs and have shopping centres all around me selling stuff at sale prices. I only buy things on auction on ebay. My husband and I both put australia only, and auction only in our searches. We only buy quality second hand clothes, vintage stuff, books, antique and collectibles. I am hoping another site is going to open up to cater for buyers like us. I absolutely am sick of chinese made carp.
Message 226 of 345
Latest reply

As always, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Sure, no listing or gallery fees for the first 30 items each month sounds great, but increasing the FVF from 5.25% to 7.9% is a hell of a sting in the tail!

It essentially means that once your item price reaches around $50-odd, the increased FVF means that overall, you will actually be paying MORE than you do now.

Seems that what eBay gives with one hand, it takes with the other.

They have lost me, what a joke and have you noticed that there is hardly anything being listed. Gumt...
Message 227 of 345
Latest reply

Does ebay take time to read our concerns as sellers? And if they care, do they listen?:-(
Message 228 of 345
Latest reply

What a surprise Ebay suddenly makes me a powerseller and guess what power sellers are not eligible for free listings. I probably sell 15 items a month on average.

So I am not eligible for free listings I bet I still get charged the new " Final sale" charge percentage
Message 229 of 345
Latest reply

lhowie
Community Member
Just rang the help line to opt out of power seller. Told new global policy is NO opting out. All power sellers are to receive an email that the policy WAS changed several weeks ago.
Message 230 of 345
Latest reply