EBAY PLUS free trial...of what???

Am I the only one that signed up for the free trial to then wonder what it was all about, didnt seam to be any bonus just lots of emails saying that there was special discounrts and bonuses but nothing... Now that the free trial is over membership offers.

Really another let down from ebay, not well thought out at all..

To be honest ready to unsubscribe form all ebay emails as the offers are no longer clear, offer of 20% off but you can never find the terms and conditions as they dissapear after receiving the email

Dissalusional buyer and seller of many years Smiley FrustratedSmiley Sad

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: EBAY PLUS free trial...of what???

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Free postage and free returns are a couple of perks.

T & C's here -

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/plus/terms-and-conditions

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I think OP was expecting some freebies as in free stuff,big discounts etc etc

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

They offered me a free $79 thingie for the $29 membership, plus discounts on things.

My understanding of Plus was that it was for free postage and free returns. And I'm sure they did the numbers, when deciding the subscription price, to keep it close to cost-neutral.

I don't think it was supposed to be a massive loss-leader from eBay.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

flossy69, like davewil I was offered all sorts of blandishments, including the "free $79 thingie".

I wasn't tempted.

I don't want Google Home Mini deciding whether or not to open the pod bay doors.

The perquisites for eBay Plus don't appeal to me. I am not going to be committed to buying more from eBay; I will buy with my own wishes and judgements etc. the only considerations rather than thinking "I've paid eBay this amount of money and I need to buy enough to make that amount worthwhile".

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

We're in total agreement.

We don't even have a smart phone, and have no use for another electronic device!

Pod bay doors here on manual, and we like it that way 🙂
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I had a number of things on my watch list that were eligible for ebay plus (a lot of birthdays coming up) so I've joined the free trial to purchase those items and save the postage.

Also consciously chose the timing so there was enough time to access the free returns if necessary.

I have cancelled the membership so it don't pay after the free trial - I don't even know what the $79 thingie is but it's probably enough to entice some people.

For me it has been a lot better than many of the % off offers of late ... for items I was going to buy anyway.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply