Illegal behaviours from eBay

what eBay is now doing to new sellers is withholding there funds I just sold a $500 ring and eBay has the money , I wonder exactly how much of other people’s money has stored in an account building interest ? Apparently they can keep my money for as a long as they do choose its states my funds won’t be released for another month the 30th of October ! After speaking with eBay help they told me once tracking for items posted were uploaded then they would release funds this was an outright LIE ! ... and apparently if the item gets lost in transit then I have to take it up with the postal carrier and we all know how much fun dealing with Australia post is and that you will NEVER get your money unless insured for the correct amount ! eBay is not telling people these things before signing them up to this illegal behaviour they are not even telling people before they sell they wait til a person has sold items then they withhold your funds and I’ll say it again and again WHAT EBAY IS NOW DOING IS ILLEGAL ! 😡😡😡 don’t bother selling here go to gumtree of fb or another site ebay no longer has a contract with PayPal as they refused to renew their contract , so just so you know people be prepared to have no item and no funds , eBay is illegally withholding people’s money and making interest off it 😡😡😡

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe get your facts right and learn the basic rues before throwing a tantrum or sprouting utter nonsense 

The rules apply to you as they do to ever single other seller

Have you even completed sign up for Managed Payments yet ?

Not getting special treatment does not make it illegal

But since you scream that it is, why have you not reported it to the police or ACSC ?

Or don't tick that you agree to something you have'nt actually read at all

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Money on hold, does not earn interest, and can not be used for any purpose, ebay gains absolutely nothing by withholding payments for security reasons.   Funds for new sellers have been held via  paypal, for 21 days for  years and if you are now on managed payments funds will be held for 30 days.

Love the emojis!   really hope that is reflected in the mirror.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Posting same problem on 2 threads, so I'll just C & P my answer....

Interesting. 

You started the bidding at $1.

What would the outcome be if it had sold for $1?

Would you have sent it off to the winning bidder?

Or withheld the item hoping for a better price?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply