New "Saved Searches" email format - help

majikcae
Community Member

has anyone else noticed the change in format of the saved searches emails, specifically the fact they don't seem to be showing prices of the listings anymore.  I thought it was a glitch, but still in that format.

My main reason for receiving the emails is to save time by not having to view all searches everyday, and only checking the new listings I want to. 

Does anyone know of any settings etc that I can amend to have the emails back to normal?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New "Saved Searches" email format - help

I have and I don't like it at all! They shot themselves in the foot again with this one. I just disabled all the search e-mails as I couldn't find an option to turn them back on.

Like you I want to save time by not having to look at every auction listing.

I think they did it to get more traffic, thought it's going to do the opposite.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

michalex_1
Community Member

Gday there

I agree, I dont like the changes at all either. Ebay is now wasting my time!! I have email alerts on a wide range of things I am keeping my eye out for, & the previous format (with a price) allowed me to quickly & efficiently weed out the non-relevant listings.

I agree with you aussie.molletje , it would have been done to inflate the figures of traffic to listings, most likely for marketing purposes, but these statistics are useless if they dont translate into sale $$ for the seller, especially if the email alert format attracts a lot of irrelevant traffic because you now have to go in to view the item price only to find it is not what you are looking for.

This is an even bigger bugbear for those of us with limited internet download allowances & not-so-fast internet access (satellite) ........ because if I were to now go in to view every email alert listing sent to me to ascertain if it is what I am looking for, my internet download usage would likely increase significantly, heading me to my shaped speed much sooner.....without any favourable buying results X-(

Quite frankly, I feel that ebay wont care if it is inconveniencing customers like you & me if they are able to quote newly inflated traffic figures for marketing purposes.........but the way I look at it, ebay is far from my only buying site option, & the numerous other sites that I use DO have an email alert format with the all-important price!!!.....so I will rely more on those from now on rather than wasting my time trawling thru irrelevant item listings on here. As far as is concerned with me, this change in email alert format will most likely result in a loss of purchases thru ebay from me.........and very likely many others who do not like their time to be wasted!!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've missed out on receiving saved searches a few times recently but they always show prices. I suggest you contact Technical Support because the problem doesn't affect everyone.

TCT
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

peterahealey
Community Member

More time wasting crap from ebay, why bother with having them email you items, if you don't get the price. I'm sick of their fees and stuffing around.......

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

michalex_1
Community Member

Gday again

I have since had email communications with ebay support, complaining about the change, & sent them an example of what I am now getting. Apparently it is not a design change, but a technical difficulty. An excerpt of one email I got

"Thank you for contacting eBay about the email notification you've received for your saved searches.

I perfectly understand that this is quite a hassle for you. I've reviewd it thoroughly and I can see that there are already some members reporting this kind of site issue.

First I would like to appologize for any inconvinience this has caused you. Our technical team has been trying to resolve this issue. I hope for consideration on this matter.

Thank you for choosing eBay and we value your business."

Incidently, the next day after my first post, but before I had received a reply from ebay, my notification format had returned to normal.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply