How to be a Top Helpful Authors

Hi guys

I am a newcomer at here

I found that some members are shown in the top helpful author ranking, how can i in it?

Hope you can give me some advise,thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: How to be a Top Helpful Authors

Yes. I read that, and it might be true sometimes as buyers can't see what a seller account looks like, I am not denying that, but I don't think I have ever seen buyers (well, not among those who post regularly here, not those who just come here to ask a question) give wrong advice. Not only that, but they seem to be more polite in general.

Maybe some sellers don't want buyers to post so they can get the helpfuls, which is a bit silly, considering they aren't worth anything and are given to people you like more than really helpful and kind people, particularly if they are new.

Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

LOL - those there ' helpfuls ' are about as good as a star on the back of the hand in kindy.

When kudos - they were mainly given as a sign the post had been read - very different from ' helpful '.

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

LOL - those there ' helpfuls ' are about as good as a star on the back of the hand in kindy.

When kudos - they were mainly given as a sign the post had been read - very different from ' helpful '.

I am 100% with you on this issue (I am even going to give you a helpful for that).

Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

Thanks for your advised.

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

How embarrassment.

I certainly wouldn't put myself in the ranks of d*g, Lyndal, you or padi.

Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

Why not?

Your acerbic replies are always helpful - they give me a good chuckle.

Message 26 of 51
Latest reply

Lol, you all give me a good chuckle.

As davewill originally said, who cares anyway?

Social media are funny in terms of "thumbs up" (to use a generic term appliable to different platforms).

YouTube has disabled thumbs down, although apparently the person who posted the video can still see them, but not thumbs up, which can be just as fake.

Popular choices are usually based on many factors.

Totally unrelated, but when I was younger I used to watch the Eurovision Song Contest. Apart from the fact that the songs are much worse than in the past (in general), the popular choice messes up everything. My two countries, the UK and Australia, are often gloriously ignored by the "public", no matter how good their entries are - Australia because they say it is not Europe (right or wrong, once a country is in a contest, they should be treated equally), and the UK because of Brexit. The real judges are usually fairer though.

Personally, I think both thumbs up and down should be disabled everywhere because they don't mean much. I don't remember where, but some time ago I was on a board where you could like a post, but there was no count of likes. That could also be an idea.

Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

Why not simply ignore - post - and - have a good day.

Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

I am having a great day, thanks. 🙂

Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.

Message 30 of 51
Latest reply