Would you be ok buying a phone from Telstra without accessories?

kwv42
Community Member
If you bought say a mobile phone from say Telstra, would you be ok and wouldn't do anything if the phone didn't come with accessories or the wrong accessories?

As I bought a Redmi Note 5A seller who I assumed to be based in Australia, as they posted from Sydney, in their eBay seller name they had Au and their company is a Pty Ltd.

But the phone didn't come with a Australian charger, the instructions weren't in English and in the settings for regions it didn't have Australia.

And some feel I should suck it up and live with it, as they assumed I didn't buy the phone in Australia but from China.

But how many phones in Australia, are actually manufactured in Australia?
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Would you be ok buying a phone from Telstra without accessories?

@imastawka wrote:

They only just left fb, Padi.

I've been waiting for it.

"Sleuth of the Day" award for ya then Stalks....................sleuther.gif

I'll now stop slappin' my poor head.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

In answer to your original question - the issue wouldn't arise.

When the Telstra staff member in the Telstra store opened the box, it would be obvious if anything was missing, and able to be rectified on the spot.

If you buy online from overseas sellers that can't apply. But then if you buy online from overseas sellers, you don't even get an enforcable warranty, so a missing or non-compliant plug is the least of your worries.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Is it acceptable to be putting others down on this forum and talking about them like they are not present, if so there is something wrong with these boards.
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

The Op insists on comparing apples and oranges. And talking to themself, implicitly ignoring that there are other posters on this thread. 

Op hasn't been present since 2.03am.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:
Is it acceptable to be putting others down on this forum and talking about them like they are not present, if so there is something wrong with these boards.

The OP has consistently dodged questions and refused to take advice from experienced members shoppingbag, they were shown how to find out the seller's registration details, so have presumably known full well that the seller was based in Singapore, yet continued to insist it was an Australian seller.

Capture.PNG

In the thread that the screen shot was from, please note the title of the thread 

"Ebay allowing sellers to misrepresent item location"

That would suggest to me that the OP knew full well right at the beginning that the seller was either dropshipping or based overseas, yet continued to say otherwise.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Big difference between going into a Telstra store in Australia and buying a phone and buying a phone from a seller on ebay who is in Singapore

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Feedback profile shows very clearly the person you bought it from is in Singapore

imageedit_2_4450256682.jpg

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply