Would you be ok buying a phone from Telstra without accessories?

kwv42
Community Member
If you bought say a mobile phone from say Telstra, would you be ok and wouldn't do anything if the phone didn't come with accessories or the wrong accessories?

As I bought a Redmi Note 5A seller who I assumed to be based in Australia, as they posted from Sydney, in their eBay seller name they had Au and their company is a Pty Ltd.

But the phone didn't come with a Australian charger, the instructions weren't in English and in the settings for regions it didn't have Australia.

And some feel I should suck it up and live with it, as they assumed I didn't buy the phone in Australia but from China.

But how many phones in Australia, are actually manufactured in Australia?
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I've bought numerous phones from Telstra and they've always come with all the accessories.

Of course most if not all phones are made overseas, but at least they are made for the Australian market and don't have parts missing or non-compliant plugs.

TBH I would never buy any electronic goods on-line unless it was from a well known Australian reseller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

kwv42
Community Member
Ah you avoided my question.

If you bought a phone from Telstra and it didn't come with accessories or didn't come with the right accessories, would you be ok with this and won't do anything?

But if you don't answer this time, I can understand what your answer would be?

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

kwv42
Community Member
Made for Australia, not including those through eBay? Ok
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@kwv42 wrote:
Ah you avoided my question.

If you bought a phone from Telstra and it didn't come with accessories or didn't come with the right accessories, would you be ok with this and won't do anything?

I have never had parts missing so that scenario didn't arise, but in the event that parts were missing, yes I would chase it up. 

As I said missing/fake parts would be far more likely to happen if I was dumb enough to buy a phone from an Asian seller.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Maybe the OP is hoping to get the answer they crave Stalks........................

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Ebay-allowing-sellers-to-misrepresent-item-location/m-p/2110...

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Yeah. 

It's kinda like yelling at someone, hoping they understand English better if it's yelled at them.

Their blunder was buying from a Chinese seller in the first place.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Have you gone back and read the listing again, to see how the phone was described, did it say it came with accessories, and that they were Australian compliant? If not, did they say, they were NOT compliant. Have to contacted the Seller since receiving the item to query them or complain to them?  eBay has a money back guarantee if you didn't get what you were expecting or if it was significantly different to the ad.  Have you looked at this, maybe contact eBay for their advice.  No, I wouldn't accept it, unless I had totally misread the ad and got exactly what was described. If that is the case, it is your mistake and you will have to wear it. Otherwise, if the ad was incorrect to what you received you have every right to ask for your money back.  Most things are made in China these days, unfortunately, I doubt you would find a phone that isn't, but they should be made to Australian standards for Telstra, unless it is a fake, which means you still deserve your money back.  I hope this helps.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

kwv42
Community Member
Seller has a Pty Ltd company, seller post from Sydney, Seller sent the phone within 10 days, seller has Au in their eBay and I done a search for phones in Australia only.

So with imastawak no matter how much you tell at them, they still can't understand the truth.
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply