eBay plus joining voucher issue - what ombudsman I can go

Hi Experts,

Need little help here. I have joined Australia eBay plus membership in August by using their promotional email which says that I will get $50 Voucher after joining. First they said I will get it within 24 hours, then they said as per policy , I will get it on 18 September. And still I haven't received it. I requested supervisor call, no luck. They all promised that they will call me back but no response. On call they say that's it's ongoing issue and there is no timeframe for it. So now I told them to cancel my membership and refund money but they said that cooling period is over.

Some of the people are very rude, I tried every method chat, call , email, no luck.

So just need to know which ombudsman I can approach? I asked eBay about it but they didn't provide any information at all.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just update - I got my voucher finally. Thank everyone.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

imastawka
Honored Contributor

From the email, did you accept the offer before signing up. 

From the email, or you promotional offers, you should also be able to go to the Full  T&C's

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

There was no option to accept but link and I joined through that. And eBay aren't saying that I didn't full fill.the terms and condition.

What they are saying that it's ongoing issue which doesn't make sense after two months. So I am eligible. That's why I just want to approach Ombudsman.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Even if there was an ombudsman who could help you,  the normal process would be to try to resolve it with the supplier of the service first,  they would want to see tangible evidence that you have made an effort.  And if the supplier says they are working on the issue, which you admit they are,  they will say well wait a while at least.     6 weeks is long,  but not unreasonable

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Issue is that they never call back or response but when I call, everytime I am getting different reply so I don't think anyone even looking that.

They are not even giving proper reason or timeframe. And anyways I have made effort from my side and want to approach Ombudsman now. I asked them to cancel it and they denied while they failed to provide service in within timeframe so I have right to approach Ombudsman but I just don't know which one I need to approach.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

It would be the ACCC,   good luck,  come back in 6 months and let us know how you go.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I went through ACCC website, it says they don't resolve individual issues

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

You won't get the voucher IMO.

But you need to cancel ebay plus.

I gave you a link 6 hours ago - did you even read it?

It gives you details on how to cancel.

Just telling ebay doesn't work.

Clause 2.1 in the T & C's -

2. Membership cancellation

2.1. You may cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time by selecting “Manage membership” on your eBay Plus membership page and then selecting the “Cancel” option in the drop-down menu.

There is more information, but you can do your own research with the rest of it.

Read the link -

https://pages.ebay.com.au/buyer_coupons/plustc/

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply