Aus Post parcel says "delivered" but I received nothing, not even a note

I'm sure you've heard this issue before, but it's the first time I've encountered it.

Going to use XXX to keep specific places hidden.

Using the Aus Post tracking number, standard delivery:

- 1/8: Received By Australia Post - XXX VIC

- 2/8: With Australia Post for delivery today - MITCHELL ACT, 7:25am

- 2/8:  Delivered - MITCHELL ACT, 2:16pm

I am from ACT but not MITCHELL, I'm from another suburb. No where on here is my suburb shown. It just has MITCHELL ACT twice. It says that it is complete/delivered, but I didn't receive anything at home, not even the note to collect it from the post office. 

I called Australia Post and gave them all the details and lodged a "dispute case" or "missing case" or whatever it is.

What happens from here? What could've possibly happened?

If things go extra sour and it is not located, what do I do about getting my money back? I bought it using PayPal. But if the seller did send it to the correct address then this is on Australia Post. 

The thing that I bought is worth ~ $750. Will Aus Post cover? eBay seller? I'm so lost. Help.

Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Aus Post parcel says "delivered" but I received nothing, not even a note

One niggling little correction... It makes no difference to the substance of what I posted, but it grinds my grammar-conscience when I look at it. I posted from my iPhone rather than from my computer, and that wretched auto-correct turned "favour" into "favor".

I throw myself upon the mercy of the court.

go-tazz, it is unconscionable of eBay not to alert buyers when there's an evident scam of this sort. I wish we could alert the buyers ourselves.

Message 71 of 79
Latest reply

I can't see why it has to be a hijacked account because there's nothing to stop the scammers buying things as well as selling.
Message 72 of 79
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

go-tazz, it is unconscionable of eBay not to alert buyers when there's an evident scam of this sort. I wish we could alert the buyers ourselves.

Many years ago Countess there was a thread called "Highjack Hunters" here, which exposed highjacked accounts and scammers on eBay.

eBay in their wisdom shut it down for "naming and shaming". It seems now that eBay is not only failing to advise buyers of a scammer, but is not even giving them their money back without a fight.

For shame eBay..........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 73 of 79
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

In my belief it's one of the reasons why they took away that option so that members couldn't be contacted,

(which has now come fully into force so that there are no off eBay sales because of their paranoia).

If this scammer/hijacker gets away with it this site will be bombarded with more scammers trying the same way

of getting free money,(it happened 3 years ago where around Christmas time the site had over 150 scammers

listing between 3 and 10 items each as eBay wasn't acting on reports).

It took over 2 weeks to finally have all those listings removed,(some of the buyers who came to the boards said

that eBay had contacted them and that all their money had been returned,which makes this current setup so

frustrating), stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 74 of 79
Latest reply

Thoughts on this S9 brand new AU stock from the seller allphones?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Au-Stock-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G960F-64GB-5-8-VF-Midnight-Black/163034628182...

Seems legit right?

Message 75 of 79
Latest reply

@coleworld2212 wrote:

Thoughts on this S9 brand new AU stock from the seller allphones?

Seems legit right?

They have been selling phones for over a year and their feedback is good,(2 negs and 26 neutral scores).

Feedback indicates that postage can be a bit slow and some orders have been cancelled due to not being

available or out of stock on some items.(so they may dropship or get the phone elsewhere before sending

to a buyer).

It's not locked but it says that it's Network branded to Vodafone,(so even if you put in a Telstra sim it will still

have Vodafone logos and apps on the phone).

The other possible difference is that a network branded phone may be optimized for their own network and it

may not work as well on other networks.

The unbranded version is not optimized for any network.

You may pay a bit more for an unbranded version but everything should be "clean" and should work as

intended,(personally I wouldn't buy a phone online as I want a physical shop that I can take it back to if

things play up or go wrong).

Message 76 of 79
Latest reply

Allphones used to be huge - various stores in every state.

Their ASIC details indicate a change of owner in 2014; I think this was the Canadian owner who failed to turn the business around. Subsequently Allphones went into voluntary administration last year (2017). Mobileciti acquired Allphones from the administrators. It's now purely online - no physical location for pickup.

No phone number for the eBay store. However, when one googles the company name, their website pops up and there is a phone number there. There's also a PO Box address.

Some details (forum link) here.

Basically - they have shrunk significantly. However, they are legitimate.

Message 77 of 79
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

तूझसे मोहबत भी तेरी औकात से ज्यदा की .
....की थी हमने ...जलती हुक्के की कसम ||
.........नाफर्त का आलम खुछ और ही ........
.........होगा

Message 78 of 79
Latest reply

यह एक सहज और स्वाभाविक बात है कि ज्यादातार लोगों को किसी न किसी तरह का दुख-तकलीफ रहता ही है। शायद ही कोई ऐसा व्यक्ति मिले जो पूरी तरह संतुष्ट और खुश हो और उसे अपने जीवन को लेकर किसी तरह का मलाल नहीं हो।

Message 79 of 79
Latest reply