Boots

Bought some nice boots from seller in Victoria. The size of boots, seller said, was an 8. Looking at the picture of the boots they looked like a 7 to me. But I took sellers word for it. They arrived and they were too small. I ended up selling them to someone for $10.00. They cost $30.00 plus $13.00 postage. The listing said no returns. Im a slight despondent about it. Felt like telling the seller about it but havent.
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Boots

I dont know actually. If seller was a norm size Au 8 then silly me should have asked her. They were on a bid. I was outbid then forgot about it. Then received an invoice for the starting bid price and bought them. They had around 4 sizes printed on the soul near the heel. Probably made in china. Size 8 Aust is size 5 UK. I was always pretty dubious about getting shoes online I will just be more careful next time. Lesson learnt. And I guess she would have accepted a return besides.
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

If they were genuine Vivienne Westwood's then they would have been

worth over $100.

You were the only bidder and you placed 4 bids.   There were no retracted bids

I would never buy shoes on-line.  I need to see if they are comfortable

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

Size 8 Aust is size 5 UK

No it isn't, the size difference is two sizes, an Australian size 8 is a UK size 6.

Although shoe sizing tends to be more consistent than clothing you cannot rely on just knowing the size, there can be a difference of a couple of centimeters even between shoes from the same manufacturer.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

Deleted as I replied to wrong person.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

@michellebartley wrote:
Bought some nice boots from seller in Victoria. The size of boots, seller said, was an 8. Looking at the picture of the boots they looked like a 7 to me. But I took sellers word for it. They arrived and they were too small. I ended up selling them to someone for $10.00. They cost $30.00 plus $13.00 postage. The listing said no returns. Im a slight despondent about it. Felt like telling the seller about it but havent.

That's the risk you take when buying shoes online.

I have bought a pair of shoes in my size online and when I received them they were too tight.

I've tried on shoes in my size at stores and some will fit and some won't.

So next time just stick to a bricks and mortar store where you can actually try before you buy, or purchase from a seller who allows exchanges.

It's not the sellers fault that the boots didn't fit you.

I have never seen someone have more 'dramas' with buying things than the OP of this thread.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

PJ is absolutely right.

Even shoes all labelled as the same size can fit a bit differently.

But it is even worse when it comes to working out equivalent shoe sizes. I have looked up various sites online and had different information.

Just have a look at the women's conversions in this chart.

http://www.shoesizeconversionguide.com.au/

to this

http://www.aussiethings.com.au/articles.php?article=13

and just about any other conversion chart.

Some are telling me US sizes are bigger, smaller or the same as aussie sizes.

Buying shoes online is a bit of a risk. I've done it, mind you. Not so much these days though.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

I do have the advantage of living in both Australia and the UK so can make direct comparisons when I list a pair of UK shoes. I usually only sell one brand though and that is usually spot on 2 sizes difference with every pair I have listed except for the UK size 11s as you don't get many Aus shoes going up to a 13.

Because there can be some variation I always give measurement of the length and width making sure I stipulate if it is an internal or external measurement.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

buyerjal
Community Member

My rule of thumb with boots is ALWAYS try before buying, no matter the price or label. 

There's too many factors where the size could be wrong. 

Typically, in women's boots, i'm a size 9 or 10 (that can vary) but then suddenly in a more fitted boot by Tony Bianco, I could be something like a 10.5. 

There's some amazing boots on Ebay but, if not for lockdown, i'd always find a way to request from a local seller to do a meet and greet for fitting. 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

This thread is FIVE YEARS old. There was no lockdown then. The OP stated that the purchase wasn't local, so that bit of your 'advice' isn't relevant.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Boots

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply