Bought a brand new item then seller told me it's last one with scratches

I bought a lens for my camera, which is described as brand new, then received a message from the seller, saying that there's only one item left, and there's scratches on it with photos showing it, it's not on the glass, just on the side, which I assume does not affect use, seller offers $120 discount, or I have to wait until 12/12. I'll leaving on holiday from 15/12, which is why I bought the lens, I'm not sure if I will get the lens by then (14 and 15 are weekends). It's strange that when I searched the seller, they still have 6 lens left which are in stock and dispatch within 24 hours:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271022759637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Honestly I do not like the scratches if I can wait, is it possible to cancel the order? Or can I ask the seller to send me one of these 6 although the price is higher (the lens is exactly the same)?

Regards

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bought a brand new item then seller told me it's last one with scratches

If it were me, I would ask to cancel the transaction, due to the nature your concerns.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Just message the seller and say you were looking at the listing which says there are 6 brand new ones in stock, if you can't have one of those could you please cancel the transaction.

Just off topic .........reading the product review for that item does anyone else find it extremely rude to use that as a means to flog your own products?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@haozhe2005 wrote:

I bought a lens for my camera, which is described as brand new, then received a message from the seller, saying that there's only one item left, and there's scratches on it with photos showing it, it's not on the glass, just on the side, which I assume does not affect use, seller offers $120 discount, or I have to wait until 12/12. I'll leaving on holiday from 15/12, which is why I bought the lens, I'm not sure if I will get the lens by then (14 and 15 are weekends). It's strange that when I searched the seller, they still have 6 lens left which are in stock and dispatch within 24 hours:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271022759637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Honestly I do not like the scratches if I can wait, is it possible to cancel the order? Or can I ask the seller to send me one of these 6 although the price is higher (the lens is exactly the same)?

Regards

The price is higher most likely because the seller does not have these 6 in stock and hopes no one will purchase at an inflated price.

Sellers do this somethimes so they don't have to end the listing (when OOS) thereby losing their place on the search.

I would request to cancel as horizon said.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for all your replies!

I did contact the seller and asking to cancel the order, and the seller responded quickly (in the evening) and my order was cancelled, very good seller!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Awesome, and just for the record you are a very understanding buyer, you could have made life very difficult for the seller but you took it in stride and go on with it.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Did you actually read the body of the listing?

It is very clear that the product is out of stock and on back order...it will be available on the 12Th December.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I didn't even look at the listing.........oops

Just figured the seller was protecting themselves, in that case OP, the seller was generous to let you cancel.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply