Come on Australia post lift your game.

I put a lock on my mail box yesterday as Australia post keeps stuffing my parcels in and they are falling out on the ground or half hanging out so easy for someone to steal.

So today I hear the mail lady and go out and what's she doing writing a collect card. What the my car is in the drive and she didn't even check if I was home.

So as far as I can see they are putting up there prices and lowering there services  😞 

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

You probably need a new mail box,the police are recommending very deep boxes to try and limit letter box pilfering,this is a serious problem in some areas.I sent a $ 400 Toyota lock and key to my locksmith and it went missing,we think it was lifted from his letter box.:_|

----------------------------------------------------------
Started out with nothing...still got most of it.
----------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 88
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I am not sure what to do, the last few weeks I have had a couple of packages squashed and jammed into my mail box so hard I had trouble getting them out. A few days ago the postie must have decided to try hurl one of the packages onto the porch. I managed to get outside to find him off his bike and retrieving the package out of the wet dirt! (so it obviously missed the porch and landed in the dirt).

I made it clear that I prefer he toots his horn and I come get the mail from him. So he has been doing that.

As for the cards...well, I had to sign for a package this week and as I was signing (standing next to his motorbike) I noticed a card had already been written out. When do they write these cards out, before they head out on their rounds? Do they do them just in case or do some of them really not attempt to deliver the packages to the door or box?

Message 3 of 88
Latest reply

Yeh I have things bent and squashed as they are jammed in and lately I have had a few things a day delivered falling out I started to think how many time does this happen and people are stealing peoples goods and sellers are having to foot the bill for items not delivered because of Australia post not doing there job right

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 4 of 88
Latest reply

shahmink
Community Member

I had a package left on my door step by AP the other day when I wasn't home that was meant to be signed for.

Message 5 of 88
Latest reply

I have been lucky, to date, with AP but I just read the approved mailbox size requirements and mine doesn't match ... I might invest in a bigger one me thinks

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Appendix_02.pdf

Message 6 of 88
Latest reply

alligator_snapping_turtle
Community Member

Perhaps this is a problem you should take to Austraia Post. No one here can help you. B-)

"BITE ME!"
Message 7 of 88
Latest reply

My regular trained up delivery guy for regular parcels is not at work today 😐

How do I know ?  Tracked a parcel a little while ago and it says delivered 11.30am - umm not here, no card.

I just rang the PO then and sure enough, the other delivery person was just unloading parcels, including mine, at that time at 2.20pm this afternoon X-(

Message 8 of 88
Latest reply

So far most things I've bought are books (most of which are small enough to fit in my letterbox) or shirts, which don't matter if they're just jammed in. My regular AP delivery driver is pretty good, she always knocks to see if I'm home and otherwise cards me, but I have had a few parcels that were supposedly delivered and signed for when no body was home. Turned out the driver couldn't be bothered writing a card so he'd just taken it back to the PO and I only found it when I went there and bugged them about it.

I've also had some parcels that were meant to be signed for just left on my doorstep. Sometimes they were wedged in between our mesh door and our wooden door so they at least weren't visible to anyone walking past, but some were just dumped right out in the open and anyone could have taken them.

Not just that, but I've had quite a few parcels and letters that were 'damaged' by their mail sorting machines. Luckily no items were damaged and the letter that got ripped up was unimportant, but what if it was a cheque or something fragile?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.
Message 9 of 88
Latest reply

I have a largish letterbox (quite deep and easily A4 length and width) so that Aust Post will leave small to mid size parcels in it, which thankfully they usually do. (The contractor who delivers larger parcels at the moment is using a safe drop spot without any dramas - long may that continue!) 😉

Aust Post of course prefers letterboxes are locked...and that's the problem.  Talk about unrealistic.  If I kept my letterbox locked then the postie wouldn't be able to put an item that would fit in the letterbox through the small slot.  (The other issue I've had with padlocks is, exposed to the elements they eventually show signs of rust...and the day comes when you can't get the damn thing to open).

Anyway, honestly....is there such a thing as a letterbox that is large enough for small to medium parcels, can be locked, has been designed so that the lock is protected from water...and it is still possible for the postie to put medium size items in it when it IS locked.  I think we all need one of those but I've yet to find one. 😞

(Aust Post's drive to Someplace miles away to collect my parcels instead is not suitable for my situation, nor is having a conventional post box).

Message 10 of 88
Latest reply