Come on Australia post lift your game.

I put a lock on my mail box yesterday as Australia post keeps stuffing my parcels in and they are falling out on the ground or half hanging out so easy for someone to steal.

So today I hear the mail lady and go out and what's she doing writing a collect card. What the my car is in the drive and she didn't even check if I was home.

So as far as I can see they are putting up there prices and lowering there services  😞 

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Get this?

Three times in the last 12 months I have had an AP parcel with S.O.D.delivered to my door with the name & address of neighbours a few streets over,and if I were an unscrupulous person I could have signed and taken delivery.

[ No wonder they go missing!]

Although lately I notice they ask me what my name is before signing.

----------------------------------------------------------
Started out with nothing...still got most of it.
----------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 88
Latest reply

shahmink
Community Member

If you notify the seller and then the seller requests a copy of the signature and AP cannot provide it then it will highlight the problem and the seller will receive a refund  for the whole postage cost not just the SOD part especially once dept of fair trading is mentioned...

A decent seller should pass on 50% of the refund to the buyer...then everybody's happy excluding AP

To elicit change to a systemic issue ( the non performance of part of a specified contract) you need to hit the perpetrator where it hurts most....in the hip pocket.

Buyers that report non AP performance to the seller are in fact helping themselves and other buyer's item deliveries to be more secure.

While sellers that follow through with a complaint re no signature even though the parcel has been successfully delivered to their buyer benefit by creating an atmosphere by where AP are forced to be more diligant to collect signatures which means in the situations where the seller requires a signature to defend an INR or chargeback claim AP are more likely to collect it.

Without sellers requesting copies of signatures everytime they pay for one rather than only requesting a copy of the sig when the brown stuff hits the fan then AP will become more diligant to collect signatures.......

ie AP are banking on (and making serious money)  senders rarely requesting signatures rather than senders always requesting signatures regardless of need

One thing is a 100%  surety while senders and receivers of items do not follow up the poor or non service and ghighlight it then nothing will change

I advised the seller at the time and I also questioned AP a few days later when another package was delivered.

This is the response I got from AP 😮 huh???

It's in the hands of the seller and AP know I've got my eye on them.

Message 22 of 88
Latest reply

My poor postie is now having to work longer hours due to the new digital signature system that has been introduced the ones that all the couriers carry,so instead of just signing on paper I have to sign on the gadget but only after he types in all the info one letter at a time.The first time it took about 10 mins as he was still getting the hang of it,now it's getting a bit quicker but still no where as quick as previously.And he always makes sure that I receive my items in great condition,so if the item won't fit in the letter box he gladly knocks on the door and hands it to me and if I'm not home then he cards it and leaves the card under the door and not in the letter box as the card was once stolen out of the letter box and an item not received dispute was opened and until I decided to check at the post office to realise that it was there waiting for me the seller and I were at each others throats.

Message 23 of 88
Latest reply

This is directed to all of the Australia post bashers out there.

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!

I doubt any of you could do the job better,And put up with what the posties and contractors deal with on a day to day basis.

Message 24 of 88
Latest reply

Hey hawker I haven't done anything but praise my postie for the job that he does

Message 25 of 88
Latest reply

That was not directed to you ,only the people who are bagging them,

We all know that there are some who try to take short cuts,But most of them do there 100% best,Including  me as i am a contractor myself,

And believe me the job is not easy,long hours and go home every night totally exhausted.

Message 26 of 88
Latest reply

This is directed to all of the Australia post bashers out there.

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!

I doubt any of you could do the job better,And put up with what the posties and contractors deal with on a day to day basis.

There is a pretty high incidence of suicide amongst postal workers apparently

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 27 of 88
Latest reply

That was not directed to you ,only the people who are bagging them,

We all know that there are some who try to take short cuts,But most of them do there 100% best,Including  me as i am a contractor myself,

And believe me the job is not easy,long hours and go home every night totally exhausted.

Good for you.... My gripe was about the actual postie, not the guy who drives the van who incidentally I have had no problems with.. 

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 28 of 88
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Hawker, if the job is as hard as you say, not satisfying and also exhausting well maybe that needs to be investigated by management. Sounds like a morale issue too.

I will not apologise for having a vent or raising any genuine issues I have with AP. I also don't think it is fair you crack it with those who feel comfortable to share their experiences rather than sweeping it under the carpet.

My contractors are awesome, I have never had a single problem with them. It just seems to be I (and others) are experiencing some issues - how do you suggest we deal with those issues, suck it up? Sorry, but if my parcels are squashed into the mail box so tight I can't get them out without a struggle you better believe I will be letting someone know. Hopefully someone somewhere will care even if it is not on this forum.

Message 29 of 88
Latest reply

As i said in my previous post ,Some will try to take short cuts ,but not all,in fact not 95% of the rest is mostly a fair estimate.

If you have these issues then contact your mail centre about your problem and they will talk to your postie and the issues you are having should stop.

But people really have to stop Stereo typing here.

Nobody said suck it up.,But there are proper procedures you can follow..

And i have not cracked it with anybody,But you people who bag the posties and contractors are way too unfair.

Message 30 of 88
Latest reply