Customs

I want to purchase a pet food item from seller in the US (It's dirt cheap and so is the postage) I did buy the same item around 2 years ago or more, from another seller and it was confiscated by Customs. Do you think this purchase could be a risk of ending up same way? Im still very tempted to buy it.
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Customs

As it has been quite some time since the last saga from the OP I thought the starving rodents may have escaped to greener pastures.

Message 21 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

I did make a purchase from the seller but they have not shipped yet and wont answer my emails. Possibly because item and postage are very cheap. Just my luck. This was 2 days ago. And nearly ALL US sellers would post fairly quickly on receiving payment and I know that from experience. I will give it a few more days. Drats.
Message 22 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

Was that the pet food you were talking about in your opening post michelle?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

Why ask the question if you are going to ignore the answers?

You NEVER get generally positive responses to your continual lawbreaking quandaries, and ALWAYS ignore reasoned answers. Why bother, if you are indeed the type of person you purport to be?

Message 24 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

The seller shipped the item so I will wait and see if it gets through the customs. And its pet treats. Little rice pops carrot flavoured.

Message 25 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

@michellebartley wrote:

The seller shipped the item so I will wait and see if it gets through the customs. And its pet treats. Little rice pops carrot flavoured.

And if it doesn't get through customs be prepared for a fine this time, and also be prepared to have a much greater scrutiny of your overseas imports.

You may get your items this time michelle but it's only a matter of time before you are caught again.

As  has been said before there are lurkers on the boards who could have easily notified Customs of your continual flouting of Australia's Border Controls.................................and eBay would be forced by them to provide your personal details.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

I'm sure some members may have already seen this but obviously you haven't so this is something

you need to read before you import ANYTHING that MAY be illegal to import into this country,(especially the

Prohibited and restricted imports link:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Impo/Buyi

Just in case others would like to report any suspicious Border Watch/Cuctoms activities now or in the future:

https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/report-suspicious-activities-behaviour

As for fines,(they are a "little" bit bigger than stated):

Importation of prohibited and restricted goods

It is an offence, under section 233 of the

Customs Act 1901,to unlawfully import, or be in possession of, any prohibited or restricted goods.

The following penalties can apply for importing or possessing

these goods.

Penalties not exceeding 3 times the value of the goods or 1000 penalty units ($110,000), whichever is greater, or penalties not exceeding 1000 penalty units where the value of the goods cannot be determined may apply.

https://www.border.gov.au/Factsheets/Documents/fs_penaltiesfortheimportationorpossessionofprohibited...

Message 27 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

$110,000, that would buy an awful lot of Ratsak rodent food from the local pet shop. Not to mention supporting the local economy.

Thanks for the link Tazz. I might take advantage of it. I'm guessing others will too. We know Michelle's name. We know what area she lives and she's now revealed what she has purchased. Good luck trying to ID me from this account. I may as well be the lurker I was for so long ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm a pretty lenient person, but when it comes to the destruction of our eco system for the sake of a few rats, makes my blood boil. Especially an eco system that is even more vulnerable than the mainland.

Message 28 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

Oh Tippy toes you must be a Greenie I love your aspirations. Tassie is precious. Cheers..

Message 29 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

Michelle; If Tassie is so precious why do you persist in buying illegal imports of grain & other products from overseas? Flouting all customs laws. Do you realise the harm your illegal imports could do? Do you care what diseases may be introduced?

I remember your saga on the used rat cages rant & have read many of your diatribe threads on imported grain products & customs. 

If you are not posting as a spoof "wind up" or "look @ me" when making a thread like this, then you really need to look @ your own posting history. People give you good advice which you totally ignore.

I even once sent you links to homemade recipes for your little rodent friends! If you love them that much you will cook the treats for them!

Yes; I once owned a pet rat. Yes as a child I bred mice for a science experiment in genetics.  I've also owned rabbits; (also a  squirrel, hamster & a chipmunk when living in England where they were allowed)

Now I have 5 cats.... Do you get the irony? Cook the rodent treats yourself from Aussie grown produce & save the environment @ the same time! 

Message 30 of 57
Latest reply