Customs

I want to purchase a pet food item from seller in the US (It's dirt cheap and so is the postage) I did buy the same item around 2 years ago or more, from another seller and it was confiscated by Customs. Do you think this purchase could be a risk of ending up same way? Im still very tempted to buy it.
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Customs

The seller shipped the item so I will wait and see if it gets through the customs. And its pet treats. Little rice pops carrot flavoured.

I don't believe you just did that. OMG.

Michelle, it's not about whether it gets through, it's about acting in a responsible manner.

YOU are the reason we need customs.

Don't you see, if everyone followed the rules we wouldn't need authorities checking up on things.

Instead, those rice pops could carry pests and diseases detrimental to local flora and fauna.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 33 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Customs

You know the phrase if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again?

That doesn't apply to customs.
Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

You already know the answer

It's never stopped you many times in the past though

Not sure why this is any different 

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

Don't bother, customs have become more strict over the last few years.

image host
Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

michelle, it won't be "dirt cheap" if customs spot this one and then look up your record (if they haven't got you tagged already)and see you're trying to import restricted goods again..............................they will almost certainly fine you for the second offence.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would think if your first purchase was seized by Customs it is almost certain that it will happen again.....and this time it will probably be accompanied by a hefty fine and possibly a court appearance as a repeat offender.

But by all means go ahead and try....if you don't believe the members here maybe you will believe the Customs Authorities,

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

I can purchase same product from Amazon US and there is no problem. Depends sometimes on who's sending it, (packaging, labelling etc)I should ask the seller if they can guarantee it will get through customs, no harm in that.
Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

No seller should give a guarantee on that, Michelle

And what do they care if they do?

They'll have your money

Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

So this is a store rather than a 'regular' every day seller?

Very unfair to expect someone guarantee such a thing

The law is the law

And since you're going to go ahead and order, regardless of what anyone says, will you be demanding a refund when it is confiscated ?

Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

Customs

@michellebartley wrote:
I can purchase same product from Amazon US and there is no problem. Depends sometimes on who's sending it, (packaging, labelling etc)I should ask the seller if they can guarantee it will get through customs, no harm in that.

That's like asking a random witness to guarantee that the cop you're committing a crime in front of won't arrest you. Sure, one witness here or there might take it upon themselves to break the law along with you, making it bit hard for the officer to catch you, but the thing is...

Making it a bit more difficult to be caught breaking the law doesn't actually make breaking the law ok. In fact, at the very least legally speaking, it's worse. 

Message 10 of 57
Latest reply