Date of original listing description

Hi 

Is there anyway to tell, as a buyer, when the original listing was made, eg like Gumtree?

I know edits are dated, but I'd like to know how long the item has been going around (how long it has been throught relistings)

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Completed listings are just listings that ended or sold recently. They can be one-offs that were listed for a year, or multi-quantity that only just sold out, or listings that simply ended without being sold.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Well then you're not a good example of what to look for then as you said all your items have sold.

It's the items that don't sell in the completed list which there are plenty of and they do show so perhaps you should look at other sellers not yourself.

Like I said I have looked at sellers that I have bought from and that I haven't bought from in their completed listings (not sold listings) and there are items that show the original date of listing which date back a year ago.

Some of us will find these and some of us won't but the point is that it's out there for us to see.

Cheers

Only 10-20 % of my items sell in any 3 month period. I have tried the searches a number of different ways and the only thing that comes up in completed listings ( not sold items ) are sold items and several items I put to auction which did not get any bids. None of my GTC BINS show.

Any suggestions ?

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

After taking a closer look into it the completed listings only stay for 90 days from the original date listed.

But I've just found out that if there are multiples of an item and say there are 10 items and say 8 have sold in the past year then it shows the exact date that the listing was started,which is what showed when I looked at a seller I bought from which was July last year.

But I decided to check again today and the last 2 items sold, and the date that was first listed disappeared and is now only showing the sold dates of the past 90 days.

So it seams it will show as far back as when the listing started with multiple items until they all get sold.

I should have taken a bloody screen shot to show what I'm trying to say.

So this is all I can go by and suggest to not bother with it lol as it's not that important.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks Kollector, thats what I was getting too. I wasnt worried as far as seeing how long other peoples listings have been running, but it always concerns me if my listings are some how different from everyone elses.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

This one has been going for 3 years tomorrow:

Revision No 3.PNG

Mine generally don't stay up long enough,(they either sell or I remove them), Zen.gif

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Now that's a perfect example 

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply