Date of original listing description

Hi 

Is there anyway to tell, as a buyer, when the original listing was made, eg like Gumtree?

I know edits are dated, but I'd like to know how long the item has been going around (how long it has been throught relistings)

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Date of original listing description

Thankyou all so very much for your patience !

I have learned something today that is very useful!

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

No kopes it will show exactly when it was first listed and if it sold it will show when it was sold

Thanks, as DG said I think it is only for GTC listings. Which I had forgotten about when I posted.

image host
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@tetibird wrote:

Hi 

Is there anyway to tell, as a buyer, when the original listing was made, eg like Gumtree?

I know edits are dated, but I'd like to know how long the item has been going around (how long it has been throught relistings)

Thanks

Just use the items revision details,(go to the item in question and click on View all revisions).

If it's been around a while it would've been edited and that will gave you a better idea of how long it's been

around,(revision details can/will go back longer than a year).good.gif

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

No kopes it will show exactly when it was first listed and if it sold it will show when it was sold

I tried it on one of my selling accounts and when I clicked completed listings, it only showed my sold listings, not and GTC relists. Maybe once the listing rolls around again it is considered a new listing ?

Sellers can see when an item was first listed at the top of the listing page. It can be a bit scary at times. I sold an item this week that has been listed since 2012.....Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

All re-lists get a new item number.

Oh, and when it is re-listed it says  NEW LISTING 

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Message 9 shows what to do.

I have a seller that shows items listed back in July and August of last year which is nearly a year ago and those items were sold in Feb and March of this year.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Revision details..PNG

It gives you a good idea if a listing has been around a while if it's been revised.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Here's hoping that all listings get revised haha

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Message 9 shows what to do.

I have a seller that shows items listed back in July and August of last year which is nearly a year ago and those items were sold in Feb and March of this year.

Thats OK if the item is multiples and has had sales, but what if an item is a one off that has been BIN listed for years and is currently still available for sale. It wont show using this method.

As mentioned,  some of my listings go back six or seven years. When i do the search described in post number 9, all I get is items that have already sold. Maybe not quite what the OP was looking for.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Well then you're not a good example of what to look for then as you said all your items have sold.

It's the items that don't sell in the completed list which there are plenty of and they do show so perhaps you should look at other sellers not yourself.

Like I said I have looked at sellers that I have bought from and that I haven't bought from in their completed listings (not sold listings) and there are items that show the original date of listing which date back a year ago.

Some of us will find these and some of us won't but the point is that it's out there for us to see.

Cheers

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply