Delivery issues with Aramex (formerly Fastway Couriers)

Hi all,

Just in the past week, i have had 2 eBay item lost due to deliveries "left in a safe place" by Aramex courier.

In the past, Australia post has been delivering without problems but with many sellers refusing to ship to secure Parcel post locations is a challenge. I have read many Google reports of courier contractors faking deliveries and not leaving the items behind. I was sent a photo of the box outside my door but did not find it when i checked. Same happened with another delivery.

I would ask eBay management to force sellers to allow buyers choice to have items sent to secure postal lockers. 

The contractors used by the private courier companies are unreliable. Dont want to blame honest sellers who loose because of paying/refunding for the items they had sent but went to cheating courier delivery people.

What can be done to avoid this as working class people cant be home at all times for attended delivery?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Unfortunately, eBay neither read nor respond to board posts.

I suggest you assure yourself that the seller will post to your preferred delivery point before buying.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Don't worry Australia Post loose just as many items as any other courier business.

But you say they have pictures of the items at your front door,  maybe before accusing the delivery driver,  are you sure its not some opportunistic passer by, or maybe even one of your lovely neighbours who you trust,  but in reality are unscrupulous.  Speaking from experience, so don't blame the courier without proof.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Maybe you need a security camera. It can have been anyone, including neighbours, their visitors, or of course also the driver (dishonest drivers are also in other companies though), but only because the parcel disappeared it does not mean it was definitely the driver. The photos they take don't really prove much, as some people say they believe the driver took a photo and then walked away with the parcel. I have seen people say that... You need a security camera if you want to be sure.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Is it really worth their job to take a photo and then take the parcel?

Doesn't seem so.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Hi, I have always had issues with Fastway couriers as a buyer. Since the last issue, I have either avoided sellers using  Fastway or have tried to request a different service before deciding to purchase.

I wonder if the name change will make a difference; or, is the name change due to a poor reputation.

So I'll for now avoid Aramex.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I had an item delivered by Aramex, the parcel was left at a flat 4 doors away from my flat, I rang the courier and was told where it was. You sometimes have to be very vigilant about these things. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Aramex certainly leaves a lot to be desired that is for sure. You were lucky you have honest neighbours Michelle, it really is poor service

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

This flat was vacant, the parcel was sitting outside the front door. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

doesn't matter who you use I have problems with toll Australia post Aramex in the last few weeks not leaving cards etc its very frustrating al around atm.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply