Does anyone know if my iPhone warranted or not?

So i bought an iphone 7 plus. When item arrived, i noticed that it doesn't come with a warranty paper that you usually see. I contacted seller and was advised that i only need the IMEI number to get covered but i'm not sure about that. I haven't left feedback for him and paypal dispute still in effect. Can someone confirm this please? Thank you very much

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh my sainted Camembert,

95.9% - poor feedback for a high-volume seller. (I won't buy from high-volume sellers with fewer than 99.6% positive feedback as a general rule.)

An example of two negative feedback comments:

Negative feedback ratingOpenly lying about products in Aus. Sends from China, dont trust.Communication 0           Buyer: a***s ( 5 ) During past 6 months

(NEW SEALED BOX) NOKIA LUMIA 1020 4G LTE UNLOCKED WINDOWS PHONE 12MTH OZ WTY (#371913580824) AU $279.00  

Negative feedback ratingDO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THE PHONE WAS A USED PHONE AD SAID BRAND NEW.           Buyer: z***z ( 256Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months

(NEW SEALED BOX) LG V20 4G LTE 64GB 4GB RAM UNLOCKED PHONE + 12MTH AUS WTY (#372022346864) AU $389.90  

But even worse, the seller's recent replies to disgruntled customers:

Negative feedback ratingNot happy           Buyer:k***h ( 8 ) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (15-May-18 17:47):
    We are not happy with you too. Please don't ever come back. BLOCKED !

(AU STOCK) APPLE iPHONE SEVEN 32 128 256GB UNLOCKED (LOCAL AUS APPLE WTY) *W3* (#132580482887) AU $503.00 View Item (AU STOCK) APPLE iPHONE SEVEN 32 128 256GB UNLOCKED (LOCAL AUS APPLE WTY) *W3*

Negative feedback ratingthe product it's horrible - lot of scratching,he lie on the add ,           Buyer:j***u ( 8 ) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (15-May-18 16:45):
    DISGRACED BUYER. YOU FAILED READ THE AD AND PUT THE BLAME ON US. BLOCKED !

(AU STOCK) APPLE iPHONE SEVEN 32 128 256GB UNLOCKED (LOCAL AUS APPLE WTY) *W3* (#132580482887) AU $503.00 View Item (AU STOCK) APPLE iPHONE SEVEN 32 128 256GB UNLOCKED (LOCAL AUS APPLE WTY) *W3*

Negative feedback ratingHorrible! Phone had a cracked screen and took a week for them to reply           Buyer:a***a ( 32Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (14-May-18 12:00):
    AVOID THIS DISGRACED BUYER. You cracked the phone and want to get refund ???

Well... I wouldn't want to be a "disgraced buyer"... I just wouldn't be able to step out of doors for fear of the murmurs of "Shame! Shame!"

As a general rule, to avoid trouble and fakes and warranties that are good only for wound-staunching or on the toilet roll holder, don't buy smart phones on eBay. These are best purchased from Apple, Samsung, or through authorised resellers such as Harvey Norman, JB Hi Fi, Kogan, or through your phone provider (Telstra, Optus, etc).

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Did you buy from an authorised / licensed re-seller ? 

Is it a real iphone or a fake from an overseas seller?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

You would be better off contacting Apple for confirmation of something like that.

Though, I will say as a general rule, most companies do not provide warranties for their products if they are purchased from an unauthorised seller. (This doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the phone, in a nutshell, companies will only provide warranties where the supply chain can be verified, for various reasons).

Did the listing state that the phone had a full Apple warranty? (Warranties aren't automatic entitlements, they are offered in addition to a consumer's standard rights). 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Item number is 372276957549. Can you check for it?
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

This is stated on the listing (emphasis mine):

"All phones come with our 12 Month Australia Wide Warranty. All phones leave our fulfillment centre in perfect working condition. All Phones come in a generic box packaging with all standard/generic accessories included (USB CABLE ONLY). Phones may come with minor marks & have been activated earlier for testing or demo purpose & not brand new factory sealed unit."

That says the seller is offering the warranty, not Apple. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I think you should've checked the 78 negs received before buying from them.

The way they handle the fb is a sure way of knowing what they'll be like in a dispute.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I'll say

Abusing their buyers . Charming

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Their feeback rating of 95.9% is terrible!

You mentioned a PP dispute - what case have you opened?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Oh my sainted Camembert,

95.9% - poor feedback for a high-volume seller. (I won't buy from high-volume sellers with fewer than 99.6% positive feedback as a general rule.)

An example of two negative feedback comments:

Negative feedback ratingOpenly lying about products in Aus. Sends from China, dont trust.Communication 0           Buyer: a***s ( 5 ) During past 6 months

(NEW SEALED BOX) NOKIA LUMIA 1020 4G LTE UNLOCKED WINDOWS PHONE 12MTH OZ WTY (#371913580824) AU $279.00  

Negative feedback ratingDO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THE PHONE WAS A USED PHONE AD SAID BRAND NEW.           Buyer: z***z ( 256Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months

(NEW SEALED BOX) LG V20 4G LTE 64GB 4GB RAM UNLOCKED PHONE + 12MTH AUS WTY (#372022346864) AU $389.90  

But even worse, the seller's recent replies to disgruntled customers:

Negative feedback ratingNot happy           Buyer:k***h ( 8 ) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (15-May-18 17:47):
    We are not happy with you too. Please don't ever come back. BLOCKED !

Negative feedback ratingthe product it's horrible - lot of scratching,he lie on the add ,           Buyer:j***u ( 8 ) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (15-May-18 16:45):
    DISGRACED BUYER. YOU FAILED READ THE AD AND PUT THE BLAME ON US. BLOCKED !

Negative feedback ratingHorrible! Phone had a cracked screen and took a week for them to reply           Buyer:a***a ( 32Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) During past month  

• Reply by [seller] (14-May-18 12:00):
    AVOID THIS DISGRACED BUYER. You cracked the phone and want to get refund ???

Well... I wouldn't want to be a "disgraced buyer"... I just wouldn't be able to step out of doors for fear of the murmurs of "Shame! Shame!"

As a general rule, to avoid trouble and fakes and warranties that are good only for wound-staunching or on the toilet roll holder, don't buy smart phones on eBay. These are best purchased from Apple, Samsung, or through authorised resellers such as Harvey Norman, JB Hi Fi, Kogan, or through your phone provider (Telstra, Optus, etc).

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Absolutely

Taking a few seconds to read feedback can save so much for time,energy and money than is wasted buying from sellers like this 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply