EBay Keeping Unsent Item

roylo27
Community Member

Hi. I’ll try keep this short. 

I purchased a particular vintage (40 years old) Ni-Cd battery from overseas. It’s rare, very collectable and in new condition as this was, it is impossible to find another the same. 
This is not a dangerous Lipo battery. It’s Ni-cd, small only 1200mah and about 16cm long by 5cm. These are sent all over the world everyday. 

The seller sent item to EBay for them to take care of shipping. 
I get a message a week later that item cannot be sent because of battery restrictions and I’m being refunded. 
Turns out Seller got his payment and EBay are not sending the item back to the seller. It will be kept by EBay shipping. 
I have a big problem with EBay doing this and not returning the item. 
I know the seller.  We wanted to keep this item ownership between us. Also, it is irreplaceable and we want it back. 
I have contacted EBay and they will not send it back. 
How do we know someone at EBay shipping didn’t fancy the item for themselves and simply marked it as not sendable?

looking for advice on what we can do. 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: EBay Keeping Unsent Item

I suggested you put up the item number,  why the reluctance

Message 71 of 80
Latest reply

If you read what I have continually posted, this is unfair and wrong to do this to people.

An irreplaceable item is gone! How do you not understand that???

I know you don’t care, it doesn’t affect you this time, but something needs to be done to stop EBay doing this.  Also, I question whether the item will be “disposed of”.

Message 72 of 80
Latest reply

Bottom line.

Pitney Bowes chose not to forward your battery.

You got refunded.

The seller got refunded.

The battery is now PBs to dispose of as they see fit.

There is no point rabbiting on to other members about how you have been hard done by.

It is what it is.

No amount of whinging is going to change the facts. Pick a winnable crusade.

Message 73 of 80
Latest reply

Been said more than once before, Dave.

And the tantrums and dummy spitting continue.

I don't know what he thinks other members can do for him.

Message 74 of 80
Latest reply

Because you don’t need to know. The item was stated by me at the beginning as being a Ni-Cd type.  The whole argument put here towards me was that these batteries are restricted. They have been proven not, so putting the item number up makes no difference to the argument does it? 

Message 75 of 80
Latest reply

While sending Ni-Cd batteries may not be restricted, for whatever reason, Pitney Bowes has decided they aren't going to send them. They may have restrictions on batteries, regardless of what type they are. All batteries. It saves having to sort through to see which ones can be sent and those that can't. They are a law unto themselves and it has nothing to do with ebay. Ebay may say it's OK. Aust Post may say it's OK. USPS may say it's OK. If PB say it's not, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It may not be fair, but it's just the way it is.

They have restrictions on sending knives. Not just things like flick knives, or pocket knives, but anything that resembles a knife. That includes blunt butter knives, and plastic picnic knives. I even heard that a child's play set that contained a small play knife was seized. 

Continually ranting here isn't going to change anything. The battery is gone. PB will either dispose of it, or they'll sell it.  Regardless, you aren't getting it and the seller isn't getting it back. Even more so, because you've both been refunded.

Yes, I'm still here too, just enjoying watching you rant about the same thing ad nauseum, thinking it's going to change things.

Message 76 of 80
Latest reply

@roylo27 wrote:

Because you don’t need to know. The item was stated by me at the beginning as being a Ni-Cd type.  The whole argument put here towards me was that these batteries are restricted. They have been proven not, so putting the item number up makes no difference to the argument does it? 

It does make a difference,  you have made many assertions that Ebay shouldnt have allowed your seller to list the item, if it couldnt be transported.   Did your cosy buddy seller follow the requirements in the listing.  Obviously not, why else hide it?

Message 77 of 80
Latest reply

No, you’re twisting facts. I said EBay should not have offered the item to a buyer if it cannot be sent to them, as it states in their terms. 
They also state you can list whatever you want (within their terms of course) and if it’s not able to be sent to a particular buyer they will take care of it to not be offered to that person.

So you’re wrong it makes no difference. Go back and read the terms.

Message 78 of 80
Latest reply

sons n daughters has actually summed it up. 

Pitney Bowes seems to be a law unto itself.

The way they operate may be wrong & you're not the first person to complain about confiscated items, but unless they face a legal challenge in the future, they will keep doing it because of the broad terms & conditions.

Unfortunately for you, this particular battery is gone.

It's disappointing, considering it was rare.

All you can do is take all the information on board for the future and avoid the GSP like the plague.

Message 79 of 80
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

As users continued to violate our guidelines in spite of the warning previously issued here, this thread has been closed to further replies.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 80 of 80
Latest reply