Ebay Dispute - any advice (seller sent faulty and misleading computer)

Hi guys,

I am loosing sleep over an Ebay case which I have had open for a couple of weeks now.

No update for a while.

I bought a second hand computer worth nearly 2k and it looked fantastic in the photos. 

Granted the computer arrived with a few scratches even though it said it had none.

Then it was in another langauge.

A few days later I found out that the computer itself was faulty and would randomly shut off. It seemed like it was tampered with from the looks of the bottom (different screws etc). So I rang the store it was originally purchased from as it came with a receipt.

Turns out, the product was much older than described in the post (18months when they said 10months). This meant it was out of warranty with the store althought still under manufacturers warranty.

So I filed under "Item not as described".

I uploaded all the photos as required, although some turned out upside down.

He agreed to refund.

I received a few angry messages from the seller and I ignored them. The return item arrived safely and he said I was lying because teh computer was fine. Anyway 2 days later he filed his own case against me and now I am waiting still...

So should I be worreid about this, its a lot of money to be just throwing away on an item. Ive never had such an issue on Ebay.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay Dispute - any advice (seller sent faulty and misleading computer)

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What sort of case did the seller open on you?

I would ring ebay.....I have a horrible feeling the dispute may have timed out by now.  Usually once the seller has the item back you get your refund and it is all over.

Did you upload the tracking to the dispute to prove that the seller has the item back?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Aug. 11 :
Case opened by seller

(Item was received about the 8th of Aug)

Aug. 6 :
You added tracking details

Aug. 4 :
Seller approved your return

Aug. 4 :
You requested a return

---------
It says they are still reviewing the case.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Are you able to take any action at all within the eBay request?

I'd probably get in touch with eBay by phone and ask them on what grounds is the seller disputing the return, or what is the basis for the case, since normally the seller only has 3 days to issue a refund once the item is confirmed as delivered to them.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your support.

I contacted Ebay and they have been great the whole time.

Apparently because of the amount, a special reviewer needs to approve the refund. This is why it has been delayed.

I will update soon.

Fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That makes a bit more sense.....but trust ebay to drag their feet.

Keep onto them because if the dispute is closed you cannot reopen it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply