Ebay allowing sellers to misrepresent item location

Let's have a chat about the elephant in the room which is sellers that are based in CHINA and have every single item for sale described as Located in Australia, usually with something like "Free Express Post from Sydney, Australia"

Ebay has a very clear policy on MISREPRESENTING ITEM LOCATION

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/item-location.html

NOT ALLOWED "Giving an incorrect item location. For example, indicating that the item is in the U.S. when it is actually being shipped from China."

Shipping. 3 WEEKS. Item not correct? Go to return it and you get A CHINESE ADDRESS. No english any way shape or form. You go to message the seller for an Australian return address and it says in a big red messsage "THIS SELLER IS REGISTERED ON ANOTHER EBAY AND MAY NOT SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE".

Ebay's official responce? I have it right here. This is a snippet from an email exchange.

Ebay:

"I understand your concern regarding this transaction especially that the seller is registered in a different country. Please know that there are seller's who's registration address in another country but has a warehouse of supplier in Australia. Based on the listing description, the item is located in Sydney. Further as per tracking number, the delivery was processed by Australia Post and they've received it on the 18th of October."

EBAY is allowing sellers based 100% in CHINA with NO BUSINESS in Australia, including being REGISTERED in another country - other than SHIPPING THERE FROM CHINA. 

And ebay defend it by saying "oh but theres a warehouse supplier in Australia". Certainly not of anything I've ever ordered. Then they try and make it out like it DID come from within Australia - because it used Australia Post! WELL THE CHINESE POSTMAN ISNT GOING TO CATCH A PLANE HERE AND DELIVER IT, IS HE?

By the way, my response to that reply was: "Ordered and paid for on the 7th of October. SORTED through Australia post on the 18th (tho my tracking shows sorted on the 21st)  - but let's use the 18th. That is still a bit more than 2 days handling time as stated in the ad."

ANOTHER SELLER has thousands of positive feedback (96%) but into the THOUSANDS of neutral and negative. Every second item, if it wasnt about the poor quality, is that item location was LIED ABOUT. Mine said free express post from Sydney. Another user said his ad said free express post from Victoria. In every single negative/neutral feedback that mentions it - even a LOAD of the positive ones - the seller says "oh we do actually ship from australia, a lot." Clearly not.

When is ebay going to STOP ALLOWING chinese sellers to LIE about item location? Probably never.

Today some chinese seller said "sorry for inconvinience (lying to you about item lcoation) - ill give $1 for you to revise feedback" I got my dollar back and revised the feedback. I revised it with follow up to make it clear the seller lies about item location. lmfao I am glad Amazon is here and I hope they take a big chunk out of the HOLE ebay has become. I'm happy to buy cheap **bleep**. But I need a lot of stuff faster than 3 weeks. And when I get it and its wrong, get a chinese return address? Then point out to ebay thier own policy and they say that that its okay, only SOME stuff they send is from china.

Ebay has been riding this wave for too long and I cant wait for it to crash - soon

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

The ETA is system generated by Ebay & not the seller,so is not a good indication of where item is located.

Message 51 of 74
Latest reply

Items come from China as many get rich quick sellers do drop shipping.

Do give the decent hardworking Aussie sellers a chance

I put blood, sweat, tears & lack of sleep into my ebay selling only to be abused by awful buyers expecting their items to arrive in an unrealsitic timeframe due to the worldwide pandemic

So at the moment deliveries are taking a LONG time in Australia

Message 52 of 74
Latest reply

@subrew4u wrote:

The ETA is system generated by Ebay & not the seller,so is not a good indication of where item is located.

You've totally missed the point.  If an item is advertised as located in Sydney but in reality is being drop-shipped from overseas, the seller must either risk leaving the the ETA as is (based on Australian domestic postage times) and likely have buyers opening and winning INR cases while the item is still en route, or pad out the handling time to allow for the extra time in transit.

So if an item "in Australia" has a far away ETA (beyond, say, a couple of weeks) take a close look at the seller - item is probably coming from overseas.  

Of course the waters are slightly muddied now due to COVID as many Australia sellers have been padding out their handling time on account of domestic shipping delays, but springyzone's comment was from last year before anyone had heard of COVID.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 53 of 74
Latest reply

@subrew4u wrote:

Items come from China as many get rich quick sellers do drop shipping.

Do give the decent hardworking Aussie sellers a chance

I put blood, sweat, tears & lack of sleep into my ebay selling only to be abused by awful buyers expecting their items to arrive in an unrealsitic timeframe due to the worldwide pandemic

So at the moment deliveries are taking a LONG time in Australia

You need to join forces with the OP from this topic and have eBay introduce a 'Genuine Decent Hardworking Aussie Seller' declaration, to help filter search results!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 54 of 74
Latest reply

'Genuine Decent Hardworking Genuine Aussie Seller NOT Fake NOT Racist NOT Trade Retaliation NO Food No Dangerous Goods No Animal products Halal Certified Safe for Kiddies No Artificial Colours Flavouring Preservatives.'

Tick this box.
Message 55 of 74
Latest reply

Hop on over to this thread I started 6 years ago, you'll find the answer to your Botany 'boat'. (It will probably take 6 years to read it all !)

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/m-...
Message 56 of 74
Latest reply

The radio button reads Australia only

I want to buy the item inthe picture from an Australian location.

I would like to be able to keep buying from ebay but sadly ebay is failing to deliver this service along with never having anything to display when I click 2-4 day guaranteed delivery.

If they can't show a single listing that is location in Australia and offer at least a 4 day delivery then it is just not worth looking for items on ebay.

Message 57 of 74
Latest reply

I read your comments and made a purchase. You have some good jocks mate.

Message 58 of 74
Latest reply

0 results for dog bowl
Save this search
Postage to: 

4-day deliveryRemove filter

No exact matches found
Save this search to receive email alerts and notifications when new items are available.

Since when there are no pet supplies on ebay with a 4 days delivery?

Message 59 of 74
Latest reply

@frostacid wrote:

Since when there are no pet supplies on ebay with a 4 days delivery?

Perhaps since COVID-19 and the resulting postal deays ?????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 60 of 74
Latest reply